5 Methods To Increase Your Alexa Rank

Alexa is a website that provides traffic details about various websites. Alexa rank is based on the amount of users who visit a particular website with the Alexa tool bar installed. It might look silly, if you look at the definition provided by Alexa site but how ever, it has become an important factor for advertisers and web masters in evaluating a website. For example, Text Link Ads and Sponsored Reviews are few websites that determine the quality of a blog with Alexa Rank.
alexa-rank-stats1.Quality Content- I feel this is the key to success for your blog. I don't mean to say you should write posts that are very rich in content. I simply want to convey that be genuine in what you write. Don't copy, paste a content from some other site.

2.Alexa Toolbar- Get the Alexa Toolbar, install it on your computer. Later, set your blog or site as the home page. Adopt this method to as many computers as possible. I mean on your office computers, friend's PC and so on.

3.Spread Your Article- Once your write a post about topics that interests your friend, then make sure you spread that post through forums, twitter,digg, and through other social networking sites. Moreover, make sure you submitted your site to all the search engines. If not, click here.

4.Alexa Sparky- This method is quite simple and similar to the method two. Install Alexa sparky (A Firefox add on) on your computer. Every time you visit your own blog, information about your blog is quickly sent to Alexa including the hits to your site which, in turn, will vastly improve your rank with Alexa.

5.Alexa Widgets- Install the Alexa Rank widget(Get this widget) on every web page of your blog. I found through a website that each click on "Alexa Rank" widget installed web page counts as a visit even if the visitor does not use the Alexa tool bar.

I am very sure that the above methods will make your rank better in Alexa simply because they worked well for me and I am not an expertise by any means. There might be several other methods that worked well for your site, please do share them here.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogging Tips
Another Blogger said on July 18, 2009 at 8:43 PM :

Thanks for this article brother. I don't know much about this alexa. When I try to claim my blog, I have trouble to do it. It's because I can't put the info.txt on my blogger. Can you help me about that?
Thanks

REPLY
Julius Orias said on July 19, 2009 at 2:46 AM :

This is a great information about getting ahead of rankings about Alexa. Btw, congratulations on ranking high at Alexa. Keep up the good work, and goodluck.

Cheers,
Julius

REPLY
Kishan Bagaria said on July 19, 2009 at 7:09 AM :

Really nice article.

REPLY
Suresh said on July 19, 2009 at 9:30 AM :

@Another Blogger: Yes!! You need to have your own domain with Email facility enabled in it. For example(latief@anotherblogger.blogspot.com).This facility is not available in blogger and that is where you will face the problem. I hope I cleared your doubt.

REPLY
Alvin Tan said on July 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM :

Hey, this is a great information about Alexa.

Cheers,
Alvin Tan from UndeniableProfits.com

REPLY
Watch Smallville online said on July 19, 2009 at 6:36 PM :

Interesting post!

REPLY
IJ Styles said on July 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM :

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. Really helps! More Traffic = High Alexa Rank, that's it!

REPLY
Mama Coyote said on July 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM :

I think this blog is going to be a big help to me. Thanks! :)

REPLY
harshil aka slayer said on July 24, 2009 at 12:33 AM :

nice blog and good info

REPLY
Dave said on July 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM :

Thank you for the very straight forward and simple information. Check out my blog! http://transform-your-mind.blogspot.com/

REPLY
businessvartha said on July 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM :

Thankyou for inviting me to this blog. Please keep in touch. your blog is excellent one. Keep writing, we do expect more from you.

REPLY
Suresh said on July 24, 2009 at 5:31 PM :

@businessvartha: Sure!! I hope I live up to your expectations.

REPLY
shabnam said on August 25, 2009 at 6:30 AM :

thansk for this informative article....keep it up

REPLY
InnO said on August 25, 2009 at 9:35 AM :

hmm.. i think it's pretty good idea..

REPLY
nstv said on August 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM :

Nice info! I just applied this method to my blog. http://naruto-shippuuden-tv.blogspot.com

thanks!

REPLY
Mike said on September 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM :

Thanks for the tips. I did installed alexa toolbar but my AntiVirus keep telling me it's an Adware so I am not using it now. Very good article about Alexa.
Best Deals Online

REPLY
Mukund said on September 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM :

@Mike: Thanks Mike!! I have not yet tried the tool bar myself. I hope Alexa takes a look at what you said!!

REPLY
Shiny said on September 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM :

Hi,

Really a great stuff to learn the strategies to increase alexa rank..

Cheers,
Phil

REPLY
moneyonlinetrading.blogspot.com said on March 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM :

You did well to show us how to increase our Alexa rank my is set as zero.ks for the tips.
you are looking for ways to make more than 5$ to your paypal account in less 22hrs then visit moneyonl inetrading.blogspot.com or click on my name above.

REPLY
Martin Berdida said on October 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM :

A great post indeed... You never run out of great posts... Thanks for sharing and well done!!

REPLY
Mukund said on October 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM :

@Martin Berdida: Thanks for the comment! Even, I hope I don't run out of ideas:)

REPLY
Martin Berdida said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

A great post indeed... You never run out of great posts... Thanks for sharing and well done!!

REPLY
harshil aka slayer said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

nice blog and good info

REPLY
Mama Coyote said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

I think this blog is going to be a big help to me. Thanks! :)

REPLY
Watch Smallville online said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Interesting post!

REPLY
moneyonlinetrading.blogspot.co said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

You did well to show us how to increase our Alexa rank my is set as zero.ks for the tips.
you are looking for ways to make more than 5$ to your paypal account in less 22hrs then visit moneyonl inetrading.blogspot.com or click on my name above.

REPLY
Kishan Bagaria said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Really nice article.

REPLY
PHSTREAM Live TV said on December 6, 2010 at 8:23 AM :

thanks mukund for the tips, hope i will make below 200k rank

REPLY
Mukund said on December 6, 2010 at 9:43 AM :

@PHSTREAM Live TV: Thanks for the comment buddy! Keep it coming! I would love to see your comments more often on my blog!

REPLY
Shiny said on April 19, 2011 at 10:47 PM :

Hi,

Really a great stuff to learn the strategies to increase alexa rank..

Cheers,
Phil

REPLY
Varinder Pal Singh said on September 2, 2011 at 6:51 PM :

Amazing Article.......Thanks For Sharing With us Its Helped a Lot

REPLY
Mukund said on September 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM :

@Varinder Pal Singh: Yup! Thanks for the comment buddy! Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog as well:)

REPLY
iPOTT Group said on September 29, 2011 at 3:43 PM :

its a good tips for alexa..


thank you
http://www.ipott.com

REPLY
Mukund said on October 5, 2011 at 1:25 AM :

@iPOTT Group: Yup! Thanks for the comment! I would be happy if your comments are more expressive:(

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]