Utilizing Media Options On Your Blog

I occasionally get in a rut when I blog. I write my article. I upload a photo. I move on. Recently though, I found myself remembering how when I first began blogging I loved doing slideshows, polls, and uploading videos. In an effort to bring back some of the magic, I have even considered doing podcasts, but never got around to it. I would still like to get back in the habit of utilizing multiple types of media on my blog. So being curious about the various ways I could make my blog content more interesting, I started keeping my eyes open.

Recently I stumbled upon an infographic that was kind of cool. I was actually exploring shipping companies for a Mother's Day package that required a speedy delivery. Light bulb moment! I thought, hey, there's another way I can use media to enhance my blog. Infographics. Below is the graphic I ran across while searching for shipping information.

[Via: Fedex Shipping]
And sure, displaying a link to an infographic in a passing post on your personal blog is a great way to stir up some traffic and add some interest. There are however some other benefits to consider as well. I began looking to see who had hosted the infographic on their site, when it struck me. 

Infographics not only add interest to the blog post’s that reference them, but they also raise awareness for the sites that host them. Had the infographic not visually grabbed my attention, I would have never had any reason to visit the site it was hosted on. Bloggers and business owners alike should take notice. Getting others to blog about an infographic you host would certainly attract people that may not find your business, or your blog, naturally.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogging Tips

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]