Solving/Fixing "Another blog is hosted at this address" Error

 I recently shifted my blog, Everything About Blogging, from the default blogspot domain to a custom domain (www.newbloggingtipz.com). I had a lot of confusion whether to shift my blog to WP or just buy a domain & stick to blogger. I consulted my friend & he simply said, "Be it blogger or wordpress, if you have good content, you can reach great heights". So, I chose to stick with blogger but preferred a custom domain. UPDATE : New article can related to this topic can be found here - SOLUTION

Fine. Let's get to our work. After all the initial setup with CNAME and A records, when you try to enter the URL through blogger for your custom domain, that is, when you transfer your blogspot domain to custom domain, you will encounter the error saying "Another blog is hosted at this address". I know how annoying it is to see that kind of an error. Don't panic. It is very simple to solve this problem. Just few minutes of work and your error is fixed!!

Follow these simple steps.
1. Login to your Google Apps account.
2. From the dashboard, hover to Service Settings and then select Sites under the menu.
3. Choose the tab Web address mapping instead of General as shown below.web-mapping-google-apps4. Now, you will be able to see www address in that list. Select and Delete it. Just proceed with the warnings and confirmations.
5. Once you finish this, move on to your blogger dashboard. Navigate to SettingsPublishingSwitch To Custom Domain - Advanced Settings from the dashboard. Now, enter your custom domain URL with "www" before the domain name. (Eg: www.newbloggingtipz.com)
6. Now, save your settings and the error is fixed. Still if you face problems, then use this form called "Magical Custom Domain Form" and let the blogger help forum fix it.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Error, Blogging Tips
Anup@Hack Tutors said on June 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM :

Finally, you done it. I think it is late that you shifted you blog to custom domain. But, its not that much let. I shifted my blog to custom domain and get reader's views. You can get back your Page Rank.

Any way it is good to see standing up to your own domain :)

REPLY
Mukund said on June 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM :

@Anup(Hack Tutors): Exactly Anup. I know I was a bit late in shifting my domain. Better late than never. Will constantly have a touch with your site from now. Thanks for the comments yar!!

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]