How to increase backlinks to my blog???

Recently, I received a mail from one of my friends. It stated that "Hi friend, tell me few methods that will increase the backlinks to my blog". It is quite obvious that many bloggers want a solution for this question. Though I'm not an expert, I will share few tips regarding this issue. There are few questions which always run in the minds of a newbie when they hear to terms like backlinks, SEO, RSS, bla bla bla... Even, I used to wonder what the heck, these probloggers are trying to explain in their post. Initially, I felt like am heading nowhere when I read their posts. But later, I understood each phrase has got its own value and meaning. Anyway, I don't want to make things very complex as they do. I will try to keep it as simple as possible.
backlinksLet us first understand, what are backlinks??? To be very simple, you may refer the Wikipedia definition which states "Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page". I prefer saying backlinks are quality links from various sites which link to your site. I stress on quality links because there is no use if you receive a backlink from a PR0(Page Rank) blog. To check the backlinks for your site, visit Google and type the following text in the search bar.
link:http://www.yourblogname.blogspot.com/
(Note: Replace the green text in the above link with your blog/website URL)

The above step will only give you a quantitative analysis of the backlinks, that is, gives you the number of backlinks for your site. I always feel that there should be equal proportions when it comes to quantity and quality. I mean to say, you need to have a reasonable number of backlinks from quality websites. Now, you will be wondering what do I mean my quality websites? It is very simple. The quality of a blog can be determined by its Google PR. People have different views about the above mentioned statement. I accept partially to it, though I feel there are lots of other factors which determine the quality of a blog. It is acceptable to receive links from site with PR3 and above.

Now, you know what are backlinks, how to find the number of backlinks to your blog and to determine the quality of each backlink. In this post, I will provide you with two simple tips that will increase the backlinks to your blog quantitatively.

1. Spread the word through templates/widgets:
This is the most effective way of increasing the backlinks to your blog. It is basically meant for webmaster and works out well, especially for blogger blogs. Just by including a small piece of HTML code in the credit section of each template, one can build his backlinks enormously. Have a look at the screen shot below for a better idea.
link-to-meEvery time, when the template is downloaded from your site and used, it will increase the backlinks without the knowledge of the user(75%effective). Make sure, it appears at the credits section of your template. Do not irritate the user with multiple links since there is no effect in doing so. For widgets, apply the same concept of including a link, but make sure it appears as small as possible. You may add the following piece of code at the end of each widgets you spread through your blog.
<center><a style="text-decoration:none;font-size:70%;" href="http://www.yourblogname.com/">Add to your blog</a></center>
(Note:Replace the text in green with the URL of your blog)

2. Comment On Sites With Top Commentators Widgets:
This method seems to be the most simplest method that one may adopt to increase his/her backlinks. The important feature to observe while commenting is that, you need to know if your link is categorized under the "dofollow" or "nofollow" tag. Make sure you comment on blogs with "dofollow" blogs. Most of the blogs and websites have adopted the concept of dofollow. Even if the blog is a "nofollow" blog, the widget will preferably provide dofollow links only.

If it is a nofollow blog, then the link will be not be counted for backlinks. It will just serve as a link to increase the visitors to your site. Nevertheless, it serves for some purpose. So, I recommend every one to comment on other blogs. (Note: Please make sure that you comment relevant to the topic and do not spam the other site. I prefer to comment on blogs which are related to my domain.)

I have restricted myself to just two simple techniques of increasing the backlinks in this post. I will post few more methods of improving the same in my next series on the same topic. If you truly feel that my blog is worth reading and is helpful, then please link to my blog too. Just copy and paste the following piece of code anywhere in your blog!!!
<a href='http://www.newbloggingtipz.com/'>Everything About Blogging</a>
You may leave your views about this post along with a link to your blog in the comments section below. Another method to increase your backlinks:)

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogging Tips, Google PageRank
wasim khan said on September 4, 2010 at 1:25 AM :

Hi, Great post for blogger. Keep it up the excellent work. Thanks for nice sharing.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM :

@wasim khan: Thanks for the comment! But please do not copy the entire post in your blog as you do it now!! It will serve no purpose for both of us, though you provided a link saying the source. Try to express what you understand in your way!!

REPLY
Usi said on September 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM :

No , mate that really does not matter that site linking you must have some rank, because google update rank every 3 or even 6 months, so if some one site has a good rank but google has not ranked it yet so what can do with that site or blog ?
just a needed thing is that blog listed in google, and google bots should visit that blog or site repeatedly.
thanks anyway

REPLY
Mukund said on September 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM :

@Usi: Yes!! You are right!! Listing in Google is mandatory. But I prefer sites with preexisting ranks. For new good sites, I am pretty sure in a few months, they will gain a very good PR provided they update their content on a regular basis.

REPLY
Boris said on September 6, 2010 at 6:12 AM :

Thanks for the tip. really appreciate it :)

http://oh-wheezers.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on September 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM :

@Boris: Thanks for the comment!! Hope you enjoyed the post! Keep in touch to get more updates from EAB!!

REPLY
Saikrishna said on October 8, 2010 at 10:08 PM :

Great post bro and thanks forsharing the new of getting back links.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 8, 2010 at 10:50 PM :

@Saikrisha: Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the other updates in my blog!!!

REPLY
saikrishna said on October 9, 2010 at 2:24 PM :

Bro Try These Website Article Base

To Get Backlinks And That Sites Is pr4 site bro.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM :

@saikrishna: Yeah!! I know you can generate back links by article marketing. But I feel if we do that, we will concentrate more on writing articles for other sites rather than improving our site. But, you are absolutely right. We will get back links for sure!!!

REPLY
saikrishna said on October 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM :

Hmmm,I Agree With You Bro
And Thanks For Sharing The Tips And I Am Looking Forward For More Useful Posts From You,And Bro I Had Added You At Gtalk To Chat With You My Username Is saikrishna344 Bro.So,Can You Add Me Bro.
Have A Great Day And Blogging...!

REPLY
pharmacy said on October 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM :

its nice to read this post but any company which is doing backlinks supporting job , and also any other tips for increaing the backlinks

REPLY
Mukund said on October 23, 2010 at 3:55 PM :

@pharmacy: The best method to increase your back-links is to comment on do follow blogs. Rather than paying huge amounts to few service websites, it is better you work out the back-links yourself.

REPLY
Web Development said on October 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM :

Nice post and comments are also nice.Thanks for sharing this.

REPLY
Mukund said on October 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM :

Web Development: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy similar posts on this blog. You may suggest few posts too!!!

REPLY
Techkol said on October 31, 2010 at 6:50 PM :

nice posts.... but how to find that types of blogs..??

REPLY
Mukund said on October 31, 2010 at 7:17 PM :

@Techkol: It is pretty easy to find out which blog has got the top commentators widget!!! Scroll the entire page and see if you find the widget!! Simple!! Thanks for the comment, by the way!!

REPLY
Vincent said on November 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM :

I tried your tips to increase backlinks..It works!!!...Thanx

REPLY
Mukund said on November 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM :

@Vincent: Thanks for the comment Vincent! I'm happy that my tips worked for your blog. I hope you try the other tips on my blog and enjoy all the updates as well!!

REPLY
Anonymous

Backlinks are the most important external thing you could for your domain. To get a general idea of your web status simply take a look at this info: http://ministatus.com/www.newbloggingtipz.com.html
... and notice what other have and you don't ;-)

REPLY
Mukund said on November 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM :

@Anonymous: Yeah!! I checked out the results and I found that the stats are pretty absurd but I found that I understood that I have not yet entered the world of social networking. May be I should concentrate on it now!!!

REPLY
pharmacy said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

its nice to read this post but any company which is doing backlinks supporting job , and also any other tips for increaing the backlinks

REPLY
Saikrishna said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

Great post bro and thanks forsharing the new of getting back links.

REPLY
Usi said on November 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM :

No , mate that really does not matter that site linking you must have some rank, because google update rank every 3 or even 6 months, so if some one site has a good rank but google has not ranked it yet so what can do with that site or blog ?
just a needed thing is that blog listed in google, and google bots should visit that blog or site repeatedly.
thanks anyway

REPLY
Anatoly @ e-commerce templates said on December 3, 2010 at 5:20 AM :

Thanks for this post. It really helps me to improve my skills.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM :

@Anatoly @ e-commerce templatesThanks for the comment! I hope you find more articles on my blog that will help improve your skills!!!

REPLY
Rohit @ Trickslog said on December 22, 2010 at 10:21 PM :

Thanks, Its really sound good & easy.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 23, 2010 at 7:20 AM :

@Rohit @ Trickslog: Thanks Rohit!! I hope you find other interesting articles on my blog as well!!!

REPLY
Anonymous said on December 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM :

its very very good , thanks

REPLY
Anonymous

hey good awareness info sharing, have high hopes this will be really useful for all of us

REPLY
Mukund said on January 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM :

@Anonymous: I'm sure the above techniques will work. So, try them out and let me know when you feel the change. Mean while, enjoy the other articles on my blog!!!

REPLY
home-remedies said on January 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM :

Thanks for providing such important useful information.i will use your points to promote my blog Indian NewzBlog

REPLY
Anonymous

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!I’ve been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work! Thumbs up, and keep it going!.

REPLY
Mukund said on January 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM :

@home-remedies: Thanks for the comment! Yeah! Use them and let me know how effective the tips were!!!

REPLY
Mukund said on January 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM :

@Anonymous: I'm happy that you were able to find content to stay for longer time on my blog. Thanks for the comment too!!!

REPLY
Anonymous

its very good article

http://regulartipsforyourhealth.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on February 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM :

@Anonymous: Thanks for the comment! I would have been more happy if your comment was more descriptive!!

REPLY
MIB said on March 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM :

Mmm seems effective..ill surely try this one out..
thanx
Hassam

http://bloggingehow.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on March 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM :

@MIB: Thanks for the comment! Yeah! Sure! Try it out and let us know if it was effective or not!

REPLY
iPhoneMY said on March 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM :

thanks for the tips Mukund! It helps a lot~!!!

http://www.iphone-my.com

REPLY
Mukund said on March 16, 2011 at 4:32 PM :

@iPhoneMY: Thanks buddy! I hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog too!

REPLY
Pundit Commentator said on May 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM :

The first method is only for people who have tech knowledge and can design templates.

I've been following the second method. There's a lot of confusion about whether or not Google PR now counts nofollow links and how much.

REPLY
Mukund said on May 2, 2011 at 12:05 AM :

@Pundit Commentator: They do account for the back links with do follow tag. The other additions are the page speed at which your site loads and few more issues have been added for determining the PR.

REPLY
Anonymous

Thanx dude...

REPLY
Mukund said on June 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM :

@Anonymous: Yup! Enjoy the upcoming articles buddy!

REPLY
Anonymous

How to find which are the Dofollow blogs?

REPLY
Mukund said on June 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM :

@Anonymous: You may use SEO Quake,a Firefox add-on to easily find whether the links on a blog is dofollow or not.

REPLY
admin said on June 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM :

according to your opinion, how the RSS feeds in my blog? if you do not mind please in view blog

REPLY
Mukund said on June 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM :

@admin: Well, I would love to see your subscription but your profile seems to be private. So, I cannot access your blog. Let me know the URL via email!

REPLY
Rob said on June 20, 2011 at 4:00 AM :

Great info, thanks!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 20, 2011 at 8:08 AM :

@Rob: Yup! I hope you enjoy the other articles related to SEO or PR on my blog as well!

REPLY
Jankaa said on June 25, 2011 at 10:14 PM :

@Mukund

Thanx Bro!!!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 26, 2011 at 12:35 AM :

@Jankaa: Your always welcome buddy! Enjoy the upcoming articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
Anonymous

Quite nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have seriously enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Following all I might be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

REPLY
Mukund said on July 23, 2011 at 4:48 PM :

@Anonymous: Thanks a lot for the comment you left! I would be happy if you leave your name and URL, the next you comment! Anyway, I hope enjoy the upcoming articles as well!

REPLY
Sagor said on September 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM :

@wasim khanYa ,itz really a nice post

REPLY
lina said on September 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM :

nice tips.

visit my blog at http://adsenseclub.com

thanks for share bro

REPLY
Mukund said on September 16, 2011 at 11:47 AM :

@lina: Thanks for the comment Lina! I hope you enjoy the upcoming tutorials as well!

REPLY
Make Money Online said on September 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM :

Yeah! Its a nice tips, but I prefer some more blog commenting, forum posting etc. Because if we create a free blog in blogspot, then the chance for getting a quality backlink from our free blog is very poor. Right?

REPLY
Mukund said on September 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM :

@Make Money Online: Yeah! If you comment more and more on dofollow blogs and forums, I bet you should see a better PR for your blog.

REPLY
Sam said on September 24, 2011 at 11:46 PM :

Thanks for sharing such a informative tips about backlinks. I will surely give them a try. I have just started my blog : http://codeinsects.com.
Again thanks for the post :)

REPLY
Mukund said on September 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM :

@Sam: Yup! Thanks for the comment Sam! I had a look at your website! Pretty cool! Just enjoy blogging!

REPLY
Sam said on September 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM :

@Mukund Well I noticed that putting a comment on your blog doesn't increase my backlinks. Can you explain a bit about the backlinks concept. As presently there are no backlinks for my blog http://codeinsects.com

REPLY
Mukund said on September 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM :

@Sam Well, you can get a backlink from my blog because my blog is a nofollow blog now! Moreover, it takes time to see the backlinks that are generated for your blog. You cannot see them instantly. I recommend you to connect with me on gtalk so that I'll provide you further tips about generating backlinks!

REPLY
Sam said on September 25, 2011 at 8:29 PM :

@Mukund Thanks again for your support. I didn't find your gtalkid so I am sending my gtalkid.Please add codeinsects to gtalk so that we can discuss there.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 25, 2011 at 11:39 PM :

@Sam: I've added you on gtalk. You should be able to communicate with me now:)

REPLY
Free Space Interiors said on October 23, 2011 at 3:19 AM :

thanks for the information

REPLY
Arun Rana said on January 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM :

nice post ,but can you tell me that social networking sites backlinks are dofollow or no follow ?

REPLY
Raquel Johnson said on January 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM :

Mmm seems effective..ill surely try this one out..
thanx

REPLY
Vazir said on February 27, 2012 at 2:28 AM :

Hey nice blog Mukund ... gud explanation in Lay Man terms ..

Thanks,
Vazir

REPLY
Shaikh said on March 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM :

I’ve found it really tough to build backlinks since starting out. Thanks for your info here though, gotta keep plugging away at it.

REPLY
Abhay Bajaj said on March 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM :

This is a lovely write-up. Although I was looking for other methods to create backlinks, I will surely adopt these methods too. Thanks

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]