| Tags : Blogger Widgets
Enjoyed the article?
Hi friends! I have been little busy with my exams!! So, it's been quite long since I made a new post but today, I had some time to share an unique widget which one of my friends asked through the comments namely, "Adsense With Social Bookmarking Buttons On Top Of Every Blogger Posts". Just have a look at the screen shot below.
Excited about the widget? Want to add this to your blog as well? Then, just follow the following steps. Before I proceed with the steps, I will would like to highlight the advantages of this widget. One main advantage is that you can increase your Adsense impressions along with click rates by adding this widget. Other would be the Social Bookmarking Buttons.
By adding the social bookmarking buttons at the top, you make it very easy for the reader to share your posts via the networking sites. Make sure you added the "Stylish Related Posts" on your blog as well so that the social bookmarking buttons are placed at the end of each blogger post as well. The widget includes buttons for Twitter, Del.icio.us, Digg, StumbleUpon, Technorati and Facebook.
I don't want to take much of your time by making you read too much about the widget. Let me move to the procedure of installing this widget. Create a back up of your template before you modify your template. To do this, navigate to "Design->Edit HTML" and make a backup of your template by clicking on the "Download full template" link at the top. Once the back up is over, follow these steps carefully.
1. Let's first add the CSS for the above widget. Search the for the following piece of code in your blogger template. Use "CTRL+F" to fasten your search results.
2. Download the following text document - CSS FOR ADSENSE WITH SOCIAL BOOKMARKS. Open the text document. Copy and paste the entire code present in it just above the line mentioned in step 1.
3. CSS customization is over. You may save your template temporarily. Now, expand your template, that is, make sure you have a tick mark in box next to "Expand Widget Template". Next, search using "CTRL+F" for the following line.
<div class='post-body entry-content'>
4. Download the following text document - WIDGET CODE FOR ADSENSE AND SB ON TOP. Open the text document and paste the entire code present in it just below the line mentioned in step 3.
Note: Replace "YOUR ADSENSE CODE" text in the file with your Account ID. Account ID will be found in the top right corner of the Adsense Dashboard. Take a look at the screen shot below for better understanding.
5. That's it!!! Save your template and check out the post pages on your blog. If you need any other networking sites apart from the ones mentioned above, you can leave your comments below and I will help you add them as well!!!
I hope you enjoyed this widget. Meet you soon with another interesting post/widget. Don't forget to share your views about this widget/post. We love to hear from you.