So, what are Sitelinks? This is what Google defines about Sitelinks - "The links shown below some sites in our search results, called sitelinks, are meant to help users navigate your site." So, basically these links are aimed at improving a site's navigation. Still confused??? Then, have a look at the image below for better understanding.
METHODS TO GET SITELINKS
Although we do not know the exact algorithm that Google uses to create sitelinks, we can approximate and deduce few methods to yield these sitelinks. At least, if not for the sitelinks, I'm sure your website will rank better in the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc...
1. PROPER HIERARCHY AND TEXT LINKS: Make sure your site has a clear hierarchy and text links. That is, create a site with proper CSS which utilizes the <ul> and <li> tags primarily. Add background images and other styles using the the same. This is one main reason why Thesis Theme has been outstanding when it comes to SEO.
2. SIMPLE AND CLEAN NAVIGATION BAR: Have a simple and clear navigation bar. Do not provide too many options for the readers. Get to know what the readers visit most frequently on your blog and put those labels/categories on the navigation bar. If your blog covers a variety of topics, then provide the reader with a second level menu.
3. UNIQUE TITLE: Get an unique title for your blog. If you have a unique name, the click through rate for your blog will increase. If you have it common, then no matter what you do, the click through rates will not high. So, make sure your blog has gotta unique title.
4. USEFUL CONTENT: Provide content that interests the reader. Content is King. So, it's very important that you keep providing content that interests your reader and I suggest you to choose titles that are comment provoking. This will fetch you more comments and improve your blog's reputation, as well.
5. PROPER META TAGS: Make sure you have proper META tags and titles that best fits the post. Although blogger does not support individual meta tags for each post, we can partially achieve it with a little bit of coding. Check out this article - Add META Tags To Each Blogger Posts. It is very important that the META tag on the home page is perfect. I recommend you to read this article - Create An Effective META Title For Your Blog.
I just wanted to share my knowledge about sitelinks. May be if you have an idea about getting sitelinks in a much easier way, then let us know via comments. Your thoughts are always welcome. See you soon in another interesting article.