Devil's Workshop Template Customization - Part 1

stay-connected-tut
I've been receiving a lot of positive reviews and feedback about the Devil's Workshop blogger template - the load time being appreciated the most. If you did not find to check out the template, then I highly recommend you to spare some time to check it out - DW Blogger Template. I've planned to share the "Stay Connected" widget code in this article.

This widget namely "Stay Connected" is a subscription box that is most essential for any blog . The widget is a slightly modified version from the original one. I've tried to add the latest networking icons like Google+ to stay updated and to better connect with the users. You may preview the same on the demo blog by hitting the following link - DW Template Live Demo (or) just take a look at screen shot posted below.
stay-connected-widget
ONE CLICK INSTALLATION
Just install the widget "Stay Connected" using the install button below, provided your browser is either one of these - Firefox 3.0+, IE 9.0 (or) Opera. I'm not sure about Chrome and Safari, because I heard that it works for few, whereas it shows an error for the rest.

THE USUAL PROCEDURE
If you are unable to install the widget using the button, then navigate to "Design >> Page Elements" page from your blogger dashboard. Choose "Add a Gadget >> HTML/JavaScript" and just paste the entire code in this text document - STAY CONNECTED WIDGET CODE, on the new window that pops up. Name the title of the widget as "Stay Connected". That's it!

COMMON CUSTOMIZATION
Once you've installed the widget on to your sidebar - be it via one click installation method or the usual procedure, make sure you customize the widget as per the instructions given below, before you save them.
  1. Replace FEEDNAME at various instances (5 instances) in the code with your feed name. The title of your FeedBurner feed serves as the feed name of your feed. So, login to your feedburner account and look for the feed title.
  2. Replace TWITTER-NAME at one instance in the code with your twitter user name.
  3. Replace FACEBOOK-URL at one instance in the code with your fan page URL on Facebook.
  4. Replace GOOGLE-PLUS-URL at one instance in the code with your Google+ Profile URL.
  5. Note: If you don't have one, then leave your email via comments asking for an invite and I'll invite you to Google+ so that you can enjoy the new social networking, just as we do.
  6. Replace HOMEPAGE-URL at two instances in the code with the home page URL of your blog.
I'll continue to post other tutorials about customizing Devil's Workshop Blogger Template in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned to my blog so that, you don't miss out any customization.Do share your opinions about this article via comments:)

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • DW Customization
SportsNub said on September 21, 2011 at 11:35 PM :

That's some great customization tips. I am surely it will be very helpful for everyone.

REPLY
Jammy Lfc said on September 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM :

sIR G....I Like your each and every Post....!!

keep rocking...:-)

REPLY
Mukund said on September 22, 2011 at 12:59 AM :

@SportsNub: Yup! Thanks for the comment buddy! I hope you enjoy the upcoming customizations and tutorials on my blog as well!

REPLY
Mukund said on September 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM :

@Jammy Lfc: Yup! If I receive comments similar to yours (exciting ones), probably I'll post more interesting tuts on my blog:) So, keep them coming Jammy:)

REPLY
gia said on September 22, 2011 at 9:58 AM :

I have added those codes, even some code that I took from your site .... hehehe: D

REPLY
பொன்மலர் said on September 22, 2011 at 11:46 AM :

I am asked to post it by email. becoz this is very attractive widget. I am searched on this for internet, but cant find it. You r a amazing man. thanks for share.

I think you r a tamil guy, Please visit my blog http://ponmalars.blogspot.com

REPLY
பொன்மலர் said on September 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM :

Waiting for new customization tips. because i m started a new site on this template. you may visit also http://techstumps.com

REPLY
Mukund said on September 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM :

@gia: Yup! Not a big deal as long as you keep the credits section alive:) Thanks for the comment buddy!

REPLY
Mukund said on September 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM :

@பொன்மலர்: Yeah! I just checked your sites! I'm a Tamilian - chennai guy:) Hit me via gtalk or gmail when you need help! Hope you enjoy the upcoming tutorials as well:)

REPLY
Vivek Nath.R said on November 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM :

hi mukund bhai, I installed Dw template, but i can't see my site logo. plz help http://vtrickz.blogspot.com/

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]