Add Email Subscription Form Below Your Blogger Posts

I recently noted the amount of subscriber's count has increased by a small margin in my blog because of the inclusion of an email subscription form below each of my blogger posts. So, I thought why not help other bloggers also to put a form like mine in their blogs and improve their subscriber's count too. So, this post basically features how to add an email subscription form below every blogger post. Moreover, you can add some interesting text like the one seen in my blog that will attract a lot of readers.

Simply, it is a modified or customized email subscription form that will help your reader's subscribe to your blog easily rather than searching where the subscribe icon is in your blog. I think it is enough of explaining about this stuff because everything is explained clearly in that picture above. That will be the final output after making the changes in our HTML code.

Let me straight away list out the steps in including this widget to your blog.
1. As always, you need to back up your template before making any changes in the code. Navigate to "Layout>>Edit HTML" from your dashboard and download the template there.
2. Now, expand your template, that is, make sure you have a tick mark in that "Expand Widget Template". Now, do a search using "CTRL+F" for the following line:
<div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'/>
3. Download this Text Document. Open the text file and insert the following piece of code in it just after the above line.
4. Change the feed name ("EverythingAboutBlogging" to YOUR BLOG FEED NAME) from my feeds to your feed. You need to find that from FeedBurner's Email Subscription Form which is self explanatory.
5. Preview your template to check for any error in code. If you find errors, then redo the steps again from the first else save your template. If you have any problem in downloading the file or with the code, then please leave a comment.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Widgets
SBA said on June 13, 2009 at 1:41 AM :

This is a good idea and many bloggers see a difference --- even 'small' is good! I tried it months ago but did not see any increase. Then I put both RSS and email subscription options at the top of my blog (above the fold). Of course you can say more to convince them at the end of the post! So I also manually type text on some posts, begging (I mean encouraging) signup! Whatever works.

REPLY
Suresh said on June 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM :

@SBA: But, I think it will be better you put a subscription form below every post. It makes the reader subscribe easily to your blog. It is never going to affect your blog in any way. So include them!!!

REPLY
Irtiza104 said on June 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM :

Thank you so much for this widget. it is almost exactly what i was looking for. i've added this to my posts. i have also tweaked it a bit and added this to my sidebar.

thanks

REPLY
Techie Inspire said on October 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM :

i was looking for such thing to add bellow post..
thanks...

REPLY
Mukund said on October 7, 2009 at 4:49 PM :

Sure!! Add it and let me know if you have any problems! Hope you enjoy the widget and you are able to increase your subscriber's count!!

REPLY
Frankenstein Creative Inc. said on October 12, 2009 at 2:20 AM :

how do I remove this subscribe form from my home page. How to make it appear only at corresponding page only.Help visit at http://tashiwangdi.blogspot.com/

REPLY
∂αηιєℓ said on October 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM :

Hi Mukund,

I have just applied it in my blog and it works great. Well done! Just one flaw I can see, as both of us have a read more script, therefore we cannot apply it in our footer. This will hence, make the forms all over our homepage. Do you think you can modify the html so that it only works in our full post instead of homepage?

Thanks in advance.

REPLY
∂αηιєℓ said on October 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM :

Oh I have figured it out. Just post it below your read more script. Then you do not need to always put the form codes below your post nor put that in the template.

Thanks

REPLY
Mukund said on October 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM :

@Frankenstein Creative Inc.: Just follow the instructions given in the post and you will see the form appearing only in individual pages of your blog. If not working, try placing it below the "post body" section. Hope you got me. Still if you face problems, contact me personally via Email(Visit the contact me page) and I will hep you fix the problem!!

REPLY
Mukund said on October 14, 2009 at 4:26 PM :

@∂αηιєℓ: Yes!! You are right! I have done the same thing as you said.

REPLY
Gautham Raj said on October 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM :

hi i am not getting this hack ...i tried for two times ...
cant find ...dono where to paste

div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1

REPLY
Mukund said on October 30, 2009 at 5:26 PM :

Please let me know in which blog of yours, you face this problem? You may try placing it below the "post body" section, that is , search for "data:post.body/" and paste it below it!!!

REPLY
N.D. Rana said on November 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM :

your blog and all posts are just awesome and outstanding.I want to add this @ my blog www.crackznhackz.blogspot.com
but the prob is this that megaupload is showing that i have exceeded download limit.plz upload it somewhere else...........plz

REPLY
Mukund said on November 4, 2009 at 10:47 PM :

@N.D.Rana: You may contact me personally via email if you need the code(any code for that matter). I have no problem in sending you them. Always, happy to help:)

REPLY
Arju said on December 31, 2009 at 1:32 PM :

Good one. A detail explanation is in http://arjudba.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-add-email-subscription-form-to.html

REPLY
glenn

Similar to daniel/Frankenstein comments below, I am seeing the subscription form showing up all over the main frontpage as I also use a read more script that is built into blogger.. so can you tell me where in the html I should paste this code?

Thanks! your site has been tremendously helpful!

REPLY
Mukund said on January 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM :

@glenn: Yeah!! Thanks!! As I said to Frankenstein, you have to place it below the post body section. If you face any problem, you may contact me via mail and I am ready to help you!!

REPLY
Lal said on September 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM :

My blog is www.kewlblogger.com.

I tried to add this hack but I can't find the "div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'"line in my html template.

Is there another way to install this hack??

REPLY
Mukund said on September 15, 2010 at 12:29 PM :

@Lal: Please do send me your template via email and help you out!! We can insert the code at other places too!! So send me your template!!

REPLY
Ronak Muchhala said on October 1, 2010 at 9:21 PM :

Thank you so much. I was looking for something like this to help me put my subscription form. Nice article and a great blog. :)

REPLY
Mukund said on October 1, 2010 at 10:31 PM :

@Ronak Muchhala: Thanks for the comment!! I am happy that you got what you wanted from my blog. Keep in touch with my blog to receive more interesting updates!!!

REPLY
D-oNe said on October 8, 2010 at 3:26 PM :

hi it's a very nice tips you got here, thanks.
i have 1 problem tho'. i'm using an auto readmore with thumbnail hack and when i implemented this on my blog the subscription box is appear on my homepage on every blog post of mine, and i don't want it to appear on my homepage. Any idea to fix this?

REPLY
Mukund said on October 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM :

@D-oNe: Thanks for the comment!! It is pretty easy to fix your issue. U need to include your code between the below two tags.
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
YOUR CODE HERE
</b:if>
Replace "YOUR CODE HERE" with the code of your widget. That's it!!

REPLY
puteri bunian said on October 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM :

i cant do this..when i search with ctrl+F,, nothing that display correct with ur code..i also tick in expand widget template..what should i do?
http://hairilnua.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on October 17, 2010 at 5:31 PM :

@puteri bunian: You should definitely find that piece of code if your running your blog on blogger. Please send in your template via email and I will help you solve the problem.

REPLY
Ronak Muchhala said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Thank you so much. I was looking for something like this to help me put my subscription form. Nice article and a great blog. :)

REPLY
D-oNe said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

hi it's a very nice tips you got here, thanks.
i have 1 problem tho'. i'm using an auto readmore with thumbnail hack and when i implemented this on my blog the subscription box is appear on my homepage on every blog post of mine, and i don't want it to appear on my homepage. Any idea to fix this?

REPLY
Mukund said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

@N.D.Rana: You may contact me personally via email if you need the code(any code for that matter). I have no problem in sending you them. Always, happy to help:)

REPLY
Suresh said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

@SBA: But, I think it will be better you put a subscription form below every post. It makes the reader subscribe easily to your blog. It is never going to affect your blog in any way. So include them!!!

REPLY
Love Making said on December 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM :

I was searching for this widget for a long time. Finally reached here. Thank you so much for this post. Please let me know how can I add this widget to a wordpress blog. Please send me the details to getkevinphilip@gmail.com

REPLY
Mukund said on December 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM :

@Love Making: I'm happy that you found the widget on my blog. I'm not sure about installing this on WP. I will let you know after contacting with my other friends who run their blogs on WP.

REPLY
eswar said on December 29, 2010 at 5:52 AM :

Nice article.
http://zoomsoft.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on December 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM :

@eswar: Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog as well!!!

REPLY
Md. Jabed Ali an ordinary boy said on January 16, 2011 at 4:57 AM :

I cant do it........ pls help me.........

REPLY
Mukund said on January 16, 2011 at 9:05 AM :

@Md. Jabed Ali an ordinary boy: Contact me via email and I will fix your problem. It's pretty easy!!!

REPLY
plaban said on January 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM :

Really nice.I'm going to use it in my blog.Hope that email subscriber will increase.

REPLY
Mukund said on January 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM :

@plaban: Yeah! My subscriber's count increased many folds after the addition of this widget. I hope it happens the same to you. Thanks for the comment. Enjoy the other articles on my blog as well!!!

REPLY
plaban said on January 29, 2011 at 11:18 PM :

@Mukund
Thanks,I like your blog.

REPLY
Ashish said on May 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM :

I am unable to download that text file because download limit is exceeding due to heavy traffic on my IP. So can you please mail me that file so that i can try this subscription form.
Thanking You
http://discoverdreamland.blogspot.com
ashishhgaurav@ymail.com

REPLY
Mukund said on May 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM :

@Ashish: Sure! I will send you the file in a while! Let us know whether you like the subscription form or not.

REPLY
Kailesh

Thanks for this useful post.Easy to setup...Maybe you can tell me if everything is done correctly.Heres my blog
Gadget Daily

REPLY
Mukund said on June 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM :

@Kailesh: Yes! It's working perfectly on your blog. Thanks for your comment! Hope you enjoy the other hacks on my blog!

REPLY
Akshay said on July 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM :

Thanks I was searching for this only :)

REPLY
Mukund said on July 31, 2011 at 10:13 PM :

@Akshay: Yup! Thanks for the comment buddy! I'm glad that you found it on my blog! Well, I hope you enjoy the upcoming articles as well!

REPLY
NGO Jobs Vacancy said on September 29, 2011 at 10:48 PM :

nice posting bro.. thanks for yous sharing.. i'll try it to my blog

REPLY
Mukund said on September 29, 2011 at 11:53 PM :

@NGO Jobs Vacancy: Thanks for the comment buddy! I hope you enjoy the upcoming articles as well:)

REPLY
Kenya Job Tube said on October 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM :

This is a Good tool to remind our visitors about subscribing to our blog. However i am stuck, cant put it in. can someone help me?

REPLY
Mukund said on October 4, 2011 at 12:56 AM :

@Kenya Job Tube: Sure! Why not! Just ping me via gtalk or email me stating your problem. I'll help you out!

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]