Google PR (PageRank) Update 2011

Google-Pr-Update
We talked enough about PR and factors that contribute to PR. We even discussed about the nofollow and dofollow tags in our previous articles. So this time, I wanted to show you some proven results to attain PR rather than just discussions. We are glad to inform that we got a PR3 today for homepage while several inner pages have got a PR2 or PR1! Did Google Update its PR this month?

From Googling, I found that the last major update was made on "19th January 2011". I guess Google is making another update this month "June 2011", as well. Few claim that they had a change in their PR this month just like I do. Well, who knows - it may just be a minor update! So, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!!! It's been confirmed that the PR Update happened on June 27th 2011. So, what's your PR?

I recently published an article about the comparison between Google PR and Alexa Rank - Alexa Rank Vs. Google PageRank(PR). I did mention that the Google PR algorithm seems to be pretty complex. I guess I should correct myself now!!! They do appear to be complex when you consider all factors like Page Speed, Do Follow Links, No Follow Links, etc.. But, if you narrow them down to one factor, well, it's pretty simple. That's the result I'm talking about - backlinks (the one big factor).

I would prove this is the main factor that contributes to PR from the analysis I carried out with my very own domain. Initially, I ran my blog on blogspot domain "www.newbloggingtipz.blogspot.com" which had a PR4. I assumed that blogs run on blogger, by default, were dofollow but later found that, they are not! So, it was a nofollow blog with more than 50 quality back-links from domains that had PR ranging from 1 to 5.

Later, I made the shift to the custom domain "www.newbloggingtipz.com"- way back in the month of June 2010. My PR dropper to Zero due to the shift. I made my blog "dofollow" which brought nothing but a lot of spam comments. I waited for the PR update - that was made on Jan 2011, but to my disappointment I found that even after the update my domain still had a PR0.

Well, I decided to revert my blog back to nofollow. I made this shift probably in the month of April 2011, I guess. Suprisingly, it has worked now. So, as far as I know, to have a better PR, make sure your blog has enough dofollow backlinks while your blog is on a nofollow status. Though it seems to be pretty selfish (getting all the link juice you want from high PR domains but not spreading them to your followers), I recommend you do it for a better PR.

Though I personally don't recommend building a PR, I do recommend you to build a quality website/blog with great content and good design. You don't have to follow sites that list dofollow blogs and  comment on them, PR will follow your blog! So, just concentrate on your content and work a little more on improving your design! Do let us know via comments if you had a change in your PR this month!

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogging Tips, Google PageRank
Digital Bunch said on June 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM :

Congrats! My blog got PR 2 :)

REPLY
Mukund said on June 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM :

@Digital Bunch: Well, that's great for a 5 month old blog. Congrats to you as well buddy!

REPLY
Rajib Kumar said on June 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM :

Hey, congratulation for your ranking. I also get rank. My PR1. My domain age just 2 Months, 18 days. Almost 30 internal page get PR. One of my internal page get PR2. Is it ok.

REPLY
Anita Sharma said on June 27, 2011 at 11:21 PM :

What link can I go to, to see my change in PR (if there is any)? I don't know which ones are broken or not.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 27, 2011 at 11:38 PM :

@Anita SharmaWell, I suggest you to do the following assuming that the browser you use is Firefox.
1. Download the SEOQUAKE add on. Just Google it and you'll find it!
2. Once installed. Type the following in the search area available on Firefox - site:YOURBLOGURL
Replace YOURBLOGURL with your homepage URL. I guess it is "http://hindisms.org/". Now, you will be able to find out the PR for each individual page on your blog. If you wish to check the PR for a specific link, say only the home page, then visit the following link to check your blog PR - PR Checker

REPLY
Mukund said on June 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM :

@Rajib Kumar: Well, I would say your lucky enough to have a PR1 in such a quick time. I mentioned lucky because the PR Update happened pretty quick from the time you started your blog or got your domain. Congrats for your rank and thanks for the comment as well!

REPLY
pdf search engine said on June 28, 2011 at 3:13 AM :

Yes it is out and up! From zero to four - went online just after the January pagerank update.

REPLY
Suraj said on June 28, 2011 at 6:36 AM :

Congrats, I got PR2!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM :

@pdf search engine: Wow! That's really great! I guess Google has made everyone happy this time with it's PR Update!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM :

@Suraj: That's great! Congrats on new PR! Hope you enjoy the upcoming articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
Vamsi@HoverPcHacks said on June 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM :

Hey Mukund this is Vamsi, Congrats on your new PR and i hope you get more on the next update. I wonder why it took this long for you to get a PR3, as we all know your site is well established and has good back-links....

As a friend and regular reader i would like give one suggestion to you i.e decrease the do-follow links to other sites. I say this because i saw so many posts have links to other sites without "no-follow" tags. For instance look at your previous post about "puxee-review" you have pointed links to their site without no-follow tags which means you are giving your link juice.

After all this is just a suggestion.

REPLY
hire seo experts said on June 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM :

I haven't seen any changes in my blog PR is 0 as it is..any suggestions.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM :

@Vamsi@HoverPcHacks: Well, your right! I did give away a lot of link juice. As I mentioned in my article, I have made my blog a nofollow one. So, let's wait for the next PR update. Thanks for your suggestion Vamsi!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM :

@hire seo experts: Your blog is very new with very less content in it! Keep posting more and more articles and I'm sure you will have some PR in the next update!

REPLY
Google Updated PR said on June 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM :

In my opinion, I think this PR update has a connection with Panda campaign Google expanded during many months ago. Content has the very important role in this PR update, the websites/blogs with good quality content, frequently refresh, unique & useful information will be ranked higher than low quality sites.

REPLY
David Power said on June 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM :

i got 6 PR google rocks..video production check out guys it's true.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM :

@Google Updated PR: I'm not sure about what you said but may be your right. I hope people don't use PR to sell text-links. If that happens, well Google should consider deleting the PR system on the whole. Thanks for your comment! Would love to hear more from you!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM :

@Mukund: Well, yes! I did check out! Awesome! Your theme is awesome too! I'm sure there is a lot of web design involved in it. Thanks for the comment David!

REPLY
Farooq Khan

My site is live almost 3 months, but Google didn't assigned any PR to it in its recent crawl happened 27th June. My site is Web development and design services , can any body tell why is it so? where my site is lacking ?

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM :

@Farooq Khan: Well, it's pretty simple! I had look at the back-links for your site and I found only one link. So, make sure people link to your blog with dofollow tags. That's the only way you can attain a good PR!

REPLY
Janaka said on June 28, 2011 at 11:29 PM :

Congratz... MuKuNd...

REPLY
Janaka said on June 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM :

This is my BloG. iPhone Wallpapers BloG But still blog PR is 0/10. Why? What do I do increase PR for my bloG. How to build backlinks?

REPLY
Mukund said on June 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM :

@Janaka: Well, I did check your wallpaper blog. Backlinks Zero -> PR0. Simple!! Make sure you post some content along with each wallpaper you post. And try to get back-links for each one of them. Ask people to give a credit to your website. You may refer my previous articles on getting back-links.

REPLY
Troy Janda said on June 29, 2011 at 9:52 AM :

I did a PR check today and Fabtechguy.com is PR2. I am very happy. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM :

@Troy Janda: Yup! Even I had a look at your blog. Cool! Congrats for your new PR and thanks for the comment!

REPLY
Bangkok Condos said on June 29, 2011 at 12:01 PM :

Congrats to you. I also just made a pretty amazing jump from nothing to 3! And that with a site which is just 6 months old... can´t complain about the recent update :)

REPLY
Mukund said on June 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM :

@Bangkok Condos: Getting PR3 with a 6 months old domain is great! Congrats buddy! Thanks for your comment! Hope you enjoy the upcoming articles on my blog!

REPLY
Neha said on July 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM :

In my opinion, I think this PR update has a connection with Panda campaign Google expanded during many months ago. Content has the very important role in this PR update, the websites/blogs with good quality content, frequently refresh, unique & useful information will be ranked higher than low quality sites.

REPLY
Mukund said on July 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM :

@Neha: Yup! Even I found few articles over the web that mentioned your view about PR. Nevertheless, if it is based on content, traffic and design, I appreciate the PR system!

REPLY
shoh said on July 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM :

you nicely wrote out guy.for that i want to thanks standing.keep it up

REPLY
Mukund said on July 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM :

@shoh: Yup! Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the upcoming articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
Lisa said on July 17, 2011 at 8:23 PM :

Congratulations for the pr 3 you got.

REPLY
Mukund said on July 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM :

@LisaThanks Lisa! Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog too!

REPLY
latest love sms said on July 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM :

Nice Articles Very Good Site .Thnaks For Sharing Comment.
Love SMS

REPLY
Mukund said on July 20, 2011 at 11:33 PM :

@latest love sms: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the upcoming articles as well!

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]