Add Tweet This and Retweet To Blogger Posts

Twitter is one of the fastest growing social networks in the recent days. Many feel it drives a lot of traffic to their blog, especially when they have a large number of followers. We should some how use this twitter to improve traffic to our blog. So, how are we going to do that? Simple, just by adding a "Tweet This" link to our blogger posts. There are certain blogs that include Tweet this in the footer of their posts, that is, at the end of the post as a social bookmarking icon. But I recommend you to place it at the top, next to the title of your post.
retweet-button
This post basically explains, how to add tweet this and also a retweet button to blogger posts. Many blogs have links only for "Tweet this" but not for "ReTweet". This post includes both Tweet and ReTweet option, there by, driving more traffic to your blog and making your posts more effective. This service is provided by Tweetmeme. Check the official page by clicking on the link here: Tweetmeme. The final output after installation will generate a button as shown in the picture. Fine. Enough of bla bla bla.. Let us get in to our work. Follow these steps.

1. Login to your dashboard. Navigate to "Layout>>Edit HTML" from your dashboard. Make a back up of your template before you do any changes in the template.
2. Now, expand your template, that is, make sure that you have a tick mark in that "Expand Widget Template". Now, do a search using "CTRL+F" for the following line, if you want to show the button below the title of your post:
<div class='post-header-line-1'>
Else, search for the following piece of code to add the button at the right end of your blog posts.
<div class='post-body entry-content'>
3. Paste the following piece of code just after the above line(either below the title or embedded with your blog posts).
<div style='float:right; margin-left:14px;'>
<script type="text/javascript">
tweetmeme_url = '<data:post.url/>';
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></script>
</div>
4. Save your template. That is it!! Your done with the installation. Very simple I think!!

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Tutorials
Another Blogger said on September 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM :

Here I'm again. Be the first here. Thanks for the tips bro! I'll try it :)

REPLY
Ani - ModernEcho said on September 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM :

I agree with putting it at the top. Great idea. Thanks for the tip.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 8, 2009 at 5:36 AM :

@Ani-ModernEcho: Yes! It simply increases the chances of tweet or Retweet! Enjoy blogging!!

REPLY
DJ Emir said on September 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM :

Thanks for the tips, will try and implement tonight. - DJ Emir Mixtapes

REPLY
Mukund said on September 16, 2009 at 7:54 PM :

@DJ Emir: You are welcome!! Let me know once you successfully implement this trick!

REPLY
Cascade Lily said on September 20, 2009 at 5:39 AM :

Thanks so much - I tried other people's code and it didn't work. Yours did and your installation instructions were spot on! Cheers!

http://tensecondsaday.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on September 20, 2009 at 8:49 AM :

@Cascade Lily: Thanks! I try these codes personally before I post them. So, I don't think any one will have problem. Check out the other blogger hacks too!!

REPLY
Rohit Rajgaria said on September 23, 2009 at 1:25 PM :

Thanks for the wonderful tip man...


Blogging Tips-Tricks and Tutorials

REPLY
ferdinand magellan said on October 20, 2009 at 4:28 AM :

Yes, thank you! This is the only code that has made any sense. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.


http://theinternethatesyou2.blogspot.com

REPLY
David Guion said on November 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM :

I just finished adding your widget to my three blogs. Thanks for the code and instructions.

http://www.allpurposeguru.com
http://grace.allpurposeguru.com
http://music.allpurposeguru.com

REPLY
Tanay said on November 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM :

Yes i have already done this and have seen a marked improvement in my traffic.This makes you posts go viral.

REPLY
LadyUmbrella said on November 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM :

Very useful, just added to my blog at http://tshirtstrategy.blogspot.com - thanks for the tip..

REPLY
Faith @BloggerSum said on November 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM :

Thanks Mukund for this - been looking for this particular Twitter plugin.

I hope I can incorporate it into my blog.

Much thanks.

+Faith

REPLY
Raja Habib said on December 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM :

Hi, Thanks for such useful tips. I have implemented it in my blog:

http://about-dog-breeds.blogspot.com/

And it is looking good. Now I wish some people might use this button too :)

REPLY
Mukund said on December 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM :

Yeah! Checked out your blog about dog breeds. Pretty good. But, make sure that the loading time for your blog is pretty quick because it took a lot of time to load with my net connection. Especially, the header picture...

REPLY
Very Cool Stuff said on December 19, 2009 at 10:50 PM :

I've add the tweet button!Thanks a lot!

REPLY
Mohiddin said on December 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM :

Thanks for ur support my blog really ahead.And my traffic is also increased at some part You know one thing iam waiting for ur next post just like waiting for my fav. hero picture.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM :

@Mohiddin: You just need not wait for it. Please subscribe and you will know when I post. Thanks a lot for your support.

REPLY
Katie said on January 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM :

Thanks I have added it to mine but every time I make a post the text and images are all misaligned -- any suggestions?


Also, how do you get it to show up in your feed for google reader?

thanks again, this site is great!

REPLY
Bitchylife said on January 17, 2010 at 5:18 AM :

How can I put a code to tweet a piece of text, like the first 100 characters, and not the title, and the URL in a blog?

REPLY
Mukund said on January 22, 2010 at 6:45 PM :

@Bitchylife: Can you be more specific about what you want? Because I am not able to understand what you want exactly, so be a little bit more precise..

REPLY
Mukund said on January 22, 2010 at 6:49 PM :

Katie: Glad to know that, these icons are working perfect in your blog. Hmmm.. I think you have to manually adjust the images and text all the time since I myself have that problem of aligning. Blogger(Google) should take a note of it!!

REPLY
HimaBindu Vejella said on February 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM :

Excellent! It helped me in adding to my blog. Very clear and simple explanation.

REPLY
Telf said on February 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM :

Very good tip, been searcing for something that was simple and easy. Everything else was messing with my blog, this one actually works!

Many thanks

REPLY
cbizzy said on April 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM :

Thanks man, was searching for ages to be able to do this, look great on my blog www.webtvunleashed.co.cc

REPLY
Mukund said on April 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM :

@cbizzy: Yeah!! Thanks! Definitely, looks great on your blog. Checked it out!!

REPLY
Shasta said on April 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM :

YOU ROCK! That was so simple! Thanks so much!

REPLY
... said on April 24, 2010 at 7:56 PM :

thanx a million for the tip. truly awesome!

http://www.imisioluwa.blogspot.com

REPLY
Magnolia Phenom said on July 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM :

Worked great!!

Sex, relationships, comedy (incl vaginas with teeth) and more all at www.yourloudspeaker.blogspot.com.

REPLY
Adi said on August 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM :

hey, how to remove this ? I can't find the html code of the button ... I try to find the div class='post-header-line-1' and the others but I can't find it ! Please help me ... just e-mail me : adi_rootbeer [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] id

REPLY
Mukund said on August 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM :

@Adi: I have mailed you as per your request. Check your inbox!!!

REPLY
jerrin said on September 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM :

thanks a lot man i almost gave up when i found this

REPLY
Mukund said on September 1, 2010 at 5:44 PM :

@Jerrin: You are always welcome! I hope you find some more useful tips in my site!! Thanks for the comment!

REPLY
thesydneygirl said on October 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM :

thanks SO much! added it to my blog :) by far best tute on adding the tweet this button. i had to retweet this post to share how awesome it is!

REPLY
Mukund said on October 17, 2010 at 9:15 AM :

@thesydneygirl: Thanks for the comment and the tweet as well! I hope you enjoy the other tips too!! I hope to see your comments more often on my blog!! Subscribe to the blog so that you don't miss anything related to blogging!!!

REPLY
jerrin said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

thanks a lot man i almost gave up when i found this

REPLY
Telf said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Very good tip, been searcing for something that was simple and easy. Everything else was messing with my blog, this one actually works!

Many thanks

REPLY
Very Cool Stuff said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

I've add the tweet button!Thanks a lot!

REPLY
Raja Habib said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Hi, Thanks for such useful tips. I have implemented it in my blog:

http://about-dog-breeds.blogspot.com/

And it is looking good. Now I wish some people might use this button too :)

REPLY
LadyUmbrella said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Very useful, just added to my blog at http://tshirtstrategy.blogspot.com - thanks for the tip..

REPLY
Tanay said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Yes i have already done this and have seen a marked improvement in my traffic.This makes you posts go viral.

REPLY
David Guion said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

I just finished adding your widget to my three blogs. Thanks for the code and instructions.

http://www.allpurposeguru.com
http://grace.allpurposeguru.com
http://music.allpurposeguru.com

REPLY
ferdinand magellan said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Yes, thank you! This is the only code that has made any sense. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.


http://theinternethatesyou2.blogspot.com

REPLY
Cascade Lily said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Thanks so much - I tried other people's code and it didn't work. Yours did and your installation instructions were spot on! Cheers!

http://tensecondsaday.blogspot.com

REPLY
DJ Emir said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

Thanks for the tips, will try and implement tonight. - DJ Emir Mixtapes

REPLY
Ani - ModernEcho said on November 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM :

I agree with putting it at the top. Great idea. Thanks for the tip.

REPLY
Laurie Harrison said on November 19, 2010 at 6:52 AM :

That, my friend, was the best darn directions I have found since I started blogging a month ago. Thanks.

REPLY
Mukund said on November 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM :

@Laurie Harrison: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy such ready to use hacks on my blog!! Keep blogging!!!

REPLY
Jemima Valentino said on December 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM :

Awesome! I've been looking for this forever. Very easy and works like a dream. :)

REPLY
Mukund said on December 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM :

@Jemima Valentino: Thanks for the comment! Happy to know that it worked perfect for you!!

REPLY
Ace said on December 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM :

thanks this really helped

REPLY
Mukund said on December 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM :

@Ace: Thanks for the comment! I hope you find more useful articles on my blog!!!

REPLY
duke said on July 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM :

Thanks a lot bro. nice post. tweet button is now shining in my blog :) here it is
http://how-to-blogger-blog.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on July 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM :

@duke: Yup! I'm glad to see the retweet buttons working on your blog! Hope you enjoy the other tutorials on my blog too!

REPLY
Saras said on September 21, 2011 at 8:10 AM :

Thanks a lot Mukund! Your tip was excellent. Kindly visit my Blog and give your discerning views on it. I am a self taught programmer and appreciate tips like this from professionals like you.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM :

@Saras: Yup! Thanks for the comment Saras! Even, I'm a self-learner as far as blogging is concerned! Just connect with me on gtalk and I can share my views and tips with you:)

REPLY
natertots11 said on November 29, 2011 at 1:29 AM :

Is there a way to change the background color of the 'tweet' or 'retweet' text? It's green by default but I'd like to change it to the Twitter Blue or something like that because my background is green so it kind of blends in. Any ideas?

REPLY
Suchismita said on October 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM :

Hi, I have tried to find both the pieces of code that are mentioned. But cannot find either. Is there any other way? I blog at http://suchismita-onthebrink.blogspot.in/. Would appeciate help. Thanks.

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]