Add Related Posts below every Blogger Post

One simple method to make your visitors stay long in your site is to add the related posts at the end of every post in your blog. This increases the number of page views and who knows, it may increase the page rank of your blog one day. There are many sites that provide widgets to display the "Related Posts" at the end of every page.

This post features the simplest method to implement the above objective by inserting a piece of code in your template. The code was personally verified and you may look at the end of my blogger posts for a preview. It works fine with both IE and Mozilla Firefox because, I see many people who complaint that certain HTML codes works well in Mozilla but not with IE.

Just follow these steps:
1. Navigate to "Layout>>Edit HTML" from your dashboard. Make a back up of your template before you do any changes in the template.
2. Now, expand your template, that is, make sure that you have a tick mark in that "Expand Widget Template". Now, do a search using "CTRL+F" for the following line:
<data:post.body/>
3. Download this text file. Open the text file and insert the following piece of code just after the above line.
4. Now, Save your template. Preview each of your posts separately. If you have any problem in downloading the file or with the code, then please leave a comment.

UPDATE: Check out the latest version of related posts here - Stylish Related Posts.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Widgets
Wiljack said on April 19, 2009 at 5:52 PM :

nice post ...

check out my blog

http://mightz.blog.binusian.org

REPLY
Kishan Bagaria said on April 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM :

Nice Article.

REPLY
Caroline said on April 19, 2009 at 7:38 PM :

Thanks for the tips
check me out at
http://attractivehomedesignforless.blogspot.com
http://attractiveweddingsforless.blogspot.com

REPLY
alwayswinner786 said on April 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM :

Good tips. I too think that related post work in terms of page views. Thanx for sharing.
Happy blogging.

REPLY
Jose said on April 21, 2009 at 5:48 AM :

Thanks for the ideas you sharing

REPLY
henry j said on June 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM :

hey its not work in ma blog. just check it N give me a solution pls.

http://simplygetit.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Suresh said on June 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM :

I checked the code and it works fine. Send me your email address and I will send you another piece of code for this related posts.

REPLY
freepremiumhacks said on June 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM :

not working ....check my blog
http://freepremiumhacks.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Suresh said on June 17, 2009 at 4:56 PM :

@freepremiumhack: I verified the code above with my test blog and it is working fine. Moreover, I have went through your blog and have emailed you the other way of installing this related posts. Check your mail!!!

REPLY
Max Payne said on July 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM :

Finally this works.Thanks a lot.

REPLY
Jane said on July 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM :

Works for me :) thanks

REPLY
shadow_20 said on August 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM :

Hey thanks for this.It works fine in my website http://mobilethemesworld.blogspot.com

REPLY
Ankit said on September 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM :

Hey! Thanks. This really helped me. Thanks.

REPLY
Ankit said on September 1, 2009 at 7:21 PM :

Hey its works fine in my blog. www.quickinformativeterms.tk
Thanks.

REPLY
Muhammad Umer said on September 22, 2009 at 10:58 AM :

Thanx man ...

my emails archive _ http://www.emailzz.blogspot.com

REPLY
matalic

thank you so much
it work
but how can i remove this
take a look
http://www.easy-upload.net/fichiers/Sans_titre.20091025164115.jpg

and thank you again

REPLY
Mukund said on October 26, 2009 at 4:15 PM :

I don't understand the text that is present in that picture. Any way, I suggest you to take a look at the other version of related posts. Click the link below:
Add Related Posts To Blogger Blog

REPLY
Back4Downloads said on December 21, 2009 at 9:12 PM :

thanks dear

http://back4downloads.blogspot.com/

REPLY
bathmate said on December 22, 2009 at 1:50 AM :

Thank you for your nice posting.
it is really helpful to us.
such a nice topics.

Bathmate

REPLY
Life Buddy said on December 30, 2009 at 3:13 AM :

link is dead.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM :

@Life Buddy: May I know which link is dead? I don't find any link as you say!!

REPLY
juliet said on January 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM :

Hello. I found no problem posting the codes. But I don't like the way it looks on my blog. I want only to display related posts with more than one entry on the category but I don't know how to play with codes. Also, I love the way it looked on your blog. I wish to have like that on my own. Could you please help me with the codes? Thanks for sharing!

REPLY
Mukund said on January 13, 2010 at 9:45 PM :

@juliet: Yeah! Sure! I can help you out! But please do check this particular post. I think you have the solution here.
Related Posts

REPLY
Bahrain Telecom said on March 5, 2010 at 5:58 PM :

i am unable to download file can you upload somewhere else or send by email to bahraintelecom@gmail.com

Thanks

REPLY
Mukund said on March 6, 2010 at 7:17 AM :

@Bahrain Telecom: I have sent the file to your email. Check you inbox!!

REPLY
Ricky said on March 30, 2010 at 6:59 PM :

thanks I like it alot

REPLY
Daria said on April 23, 2010 at 2:57 AM :

Thank you swo much, it Really works... lol I couldn't be happier!!

REPLY
Atif Sharif said on April 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM :

Thanks a lot for this useful post, I also make a related post widget which is very easy to use please check it thanks please visit http://bit.ly/bkVTGX

REPLY
shabari nath said on June 11, 2010 at 8:13 AM :

hey its not working for my blog http://techfunia.blogspot.com/ plzz help me my email address volamshabarinath@gmail.com

REPLY
Mukund said on June 11, 2010 at 9:13 AM :

@shabari nath: I sent you mail at your email address. Please respond to that and I will solve your problem.

REPLY
James said on June 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM :

I just did as mentioned.



just after this I pasted a code...

but nothing appears.... in my blog.

http://justimaginnow.blogspot.com/

I don't know what to do now...

REPLY
Mukund said on June 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM :

@James: Hello there, can you please check out the other post which I made about related posts. Am sure that will work for you. Please visit the following link.
Add Related Posts To Blogger Blog

REPLY
Musicbid said on July 17, 2010 at 10:01 PM :

Recently I added the widget..Just check my website for example

REPLY
Mukund said on July 20, 2010 at 10:08 AM :

@Musicbid: Yeah!! Checked your blog! Looks good!! Keep blogging!!

REPLY
7on7 said on August 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM :

Thanks for share, I like this widget :)

REPLY
Mukund said on August 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM :

@7on7: You are always welcome! Hope you enjoy some more widgets in my blog!

REPLY
rasel said on September 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM :

Thanks brother i am searching for this kinds of tips and i got it and it is working..
thanks thanks........

REPLY
Mukund said on September 2, 2010 at 5:29 PM :

@rasel: You are always welcome!! Keep in touch to receive more updates from my blog!!!

REPLY
Song Yong In said on October 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM :

Thanks for this!

REPLY
Mukund said on October 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM :

@Song Yong In: Thanks for the comment! You are always welcome! I hope you enjoy the other widgets on my blog as well!!

REPLY
JP said on November 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM :

can you please tell me how to add this code, if i want to show a single related post link like below:

"[post]....If you have any query on [current post title link] you can comment below or you might also like to read [related post link]."

REPLY
Mukund said on November 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM :

@JP: So, you wish to display only one link under the related posts widget. If that is the case, then change the value from 5 (default value) to 1 in the text file. If don't understand what I meant, then email me and I will try to fix your issue.

REPLY
JP said on November 4, 2010 at 9:25 PM :

I know that, but it's not the way i want :(

I tried it and it shows like below:

"People who read this post also read :
[related post link]"

The related post link is displayed on the next line and i don''t want it to display on next line.

It shud be continuos like below:

"You might also like to read [related post link]"

REPLY
Mukund said on November 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM :

@JP: Fine!! Did you check for break statements in the code? Any way, I will look into the code and tell you what to do about that!!

REPLY
JP said on November 5, 2010 at 1:49 PM :

@Mukund Did you find any way to add the code???

REPLY
Mukund said on November 5, 2010 at 3:31 PM :

@JP: It's festival time in India. Any way, contact me via email and we will sort this issue. Please, bear with me. I will work on upon in from tonight mostly!!

REPLY
JP said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

@Mukund Did you find any way to add the code???

REPLY
7on7 said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Thanks for share, I like this widget :)

REPLY
Musicbid said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Recently I added the widget..Just check my website for example

REPLY
James said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

I just did as mentioned.



just after this I pasted a code...

but nothing appears.... in my blog.

http://justimaginnow.blogspot.com/

I don't know what to do now...

REPLY
shabari nath said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

hey its not working for my blog http://techfunia.blogspot.com/ plzz help me my email address volamshabarinath@gmail.com

REPLY
Ricky said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

thanks I like it alot

REPLY
Bahrain Telecom said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

i am unable to download file can you upload somewhere else or send by email to bahraintelecom@gmail.com

Thanks

REPLY
Life Buddy said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

link is dead.

REPLY
Back4Downloads said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

thanks dear

http://back4downloads.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Muhammad Umer said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Thanx man ...

my emails archive _ http://www.emailzz.blogspot.com

REPLY
freepremiumhacks said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

not working ....check my blog
http://freepremiumhacks.blogspot.com/

REPLY
henry j said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

hey its not work in ma blog. just check it N give me a solution pls.

http://simplygetit.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Caroline said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Thanks for the tips
check me out at
http://attractivehomedesignforless.blogspot.com
http://attractiveweddingsforless.blogspot.com

REPLY
sanjeev khatoi said on November 29, 2010 at 12:19 AM :

can you guide me on
1) how to place related post widget above comments section?
2) how to change font color coz they are not at all visible on my theme!!

thanks. have a look at my blog.

http://www.royalenfieldmotorcycles.co.cc

REPLY
Mukund said on November 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM :

@sanjeev khatoi: It is pretty simple. You may try the latest version of related posts on my blog. Check out the stylish version of the related posts on my blog. You may like it. If not, contact me via email and I will explain you!!!

REPLY
sanjeev khatoi said on November 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM :

@Mukundthanks for your quick reply m,mukund...

REPLY
Ali said on February 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM :

GREAT YAR
I HAVE APPLIED IT ON http://www.latestbikes.tk

REPLY
Mukund said on February 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM :

@Ali: Happy that you applied to your blog. Enjoy the other articles on my blog too!!!

REPLY
User Freindly said on February 17, 2011 at 2:04 AM :

Hie Mukund i added to my blog and its working for me.

Thanks.


www.thegossipsguru.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on February 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM :

@User Freindly: Happy to know that you applied it to your blog. I hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog as well!!

REPLY
HyperONIN said on May 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM :

This is an awesome thread! Thanks for the help!

REPLY
Mukund said on May 11, 2011 at 6:10 PM :

@HyperONIN: Thanks for the comment buddy! I hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog!!!

REPLY
Okagbabeluodachi said on June 6, 2011 at 2:46 AM :

I put this code on my blog. It is working out fine, but the problem is that it does not appear on my homepage, it only appears when I click a link. I tried to remove "" but it did not work out. Please check my blog http://okagbatek.blogspot.com

I want it to appear at all pages. Thanks.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM :

@Okagbabeluodachi: Yeah! It is coded that way! Just remove the first and the last statements in the coding. Then, it will appear on all pages!

REPLY
MV said on July 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM :

Hi Mukund, thanks for the tip. I'm looking for adsense with related posts box code after post. It could help to the more revenue generation.

Thanks
MV

REPLY
Mukund said on July 4, 2011 at 10:58 PM :

@MV: Well, we did post an article about "Related posts with Adsense Link Unit" on our blog! Just search my blog and you'll definitely find it! Thanks for the comment!

REPLY
MV said on July 5, 2011 at 12:44 PM :

@Mukund

Mukund, I couldn't find it. And about "related posts", I'm facing some problem. Like if the same category has more than 10 posts, it is showing all the posts, I don't want all to be displayed, just need 5 or 7 is enough. How to do this can you help.

REPLY
Mukund said on July 5, 2011 at 12:58 PM :

@MV: Well, just contact me via email and explain what needs to be done to get exactly five posts on your "Related Posts Widget".

REPLY
Joe said on July 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM :

How can I remove the label name, so the heading text only says "People who read this post also read"?

Thank you.

REPLY
Mukund said on July 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM :

@Joe: Well, just use a div tag that says style="display:none;" and your label names will disappear. If you need help in adding the same, contact me via email!

REPLY
Aman Jain said on July 24, 2011 at 12:22 AM :

very nice post
www.crossaffairs.blogspot.com

REPLY
Mukund said on July 24, 2011 at 12:39 AM :

@Aman Jain: Yup! Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the other hacks!

REPLY
duke said on July 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM :

Hey, mukund the code isn't workin. Actually I have three data:post.body code. I tried with each one of them but every effort just pulling out to be futile.
My blog

Do you have any suggestion?

REPLY
Mukund said on July 29, 2011 at 6:49 PM :

@duke: Yes! Sure! Why not help you! Just ping me via gtalk and I'll sort out the issue for you!

REPLY
sanjeev khatoi said on July 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM :

hey mukund can you tell me how to add a subscription box similar to the one you have added on your blog !!

REPLY
Mukund said on July 31, 2011 at 10:11 PM :

@sanjeev khatoi: Nope! I'll not be sharing the code! It's specifically meant for the clients on my blog!

REPLY
.Ravi said on August 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM :

Thq it is very usful for bloggers, but i want only 5 post links plz sned me code
please watch my blog

http://scope9.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Mukund said on August 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM :

@.Ravi: Well, it is pretty simple to maintain only five related articles provided you tag only one keyword to the post. When you tag multiple words, it'll exceed more than five. Just ping me on gtalk and I'll explain more:)

REPLY
Dr.Omar Shahid said on August 21, 2011 at 11:22 PM :

i added his o my post blog but it wont work help plz

http://freedentistrybooks.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Mukund said on August 21, 2011 at 11:27 PM :

@Dr.Omar Shahid: Why not? I can see it working on your blog. I guess you are just looking at the homepage. Click on some article on your blog and you'll find the related posts widget:)

REPLY
Dr.Omar Shahid said on August 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM :

hanks for your reply i need your help with my blog i am new and don't about
html coding can u see my blog an tel me what all changes are required an i want my home page to show only little info about each post an to see the full detail it should me opened thanks waiting for your reply

REPLY
Dr.Omar Shahid said on August 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM :

and can these related post be see with images

REPLY
Mukund said on August 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM :

@Dr.Omar Shahid: Probably yes! We can do all those customizations! And you are actually asking about linkwithin gadget (related posts with images)! We can add the same! Just ping me on gtalk and I'll help you out!

REPLY
morld_techgossips said on September 5, 2011 at 12:17 AM :

nice job check out my blog...its quite ordinary http://morldtechgossips.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Mukund said on September 5, 2011 at 12:37 PM :

@morld_techgossips: Yup! Had a look! Pretty much new! Anyway, thanks for the comment!

REPLY
Vicky Sharma said on September 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM :

I have more the one
tag

so where to place it ??????????/

REPLY
Mukund said on September 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM :

@Vicky Sharma: There's nothing wrong if you tag it with more than one! The only problem which you might encounter - instead of five articles being displayed on the whole. You'll see 10 because the script picks 5 from each tag! Hope you understood! Need further assistance, then ping me on gtalk:)

REPLY
kenyan jobs said on October 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM :

thanks for the info..quite sure my pageviews will increase.thanks a bunch

REPLY
Admin said on December 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM :

Sir this code is not working in my site priceoffer.blogspot.com. Tell me sir what i do ????

REPLY
merwynsrucksack said on January 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM :

hi Mukund, I wanted to add this feature on my blog, but somehow its not working on my blog
http://merwynsrucksack.blogspot.com/2012/01/girgaun-chowpatty.html

cheers
Merwyn

REPLY
Anonymous

thanks alot.......
we'r thinking about it for our blog http://luxur.blogspot.com/

REPLY
Chiranjeev Kumar said on February 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM :

Great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing this it's works very well to me.

REPLY
Akmil Ibnu Sobari said on February 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM :

thank you mr, i love you :D it's work!

REPLY
Download Games for Pc said on March 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM :

Its not working plz help me

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]