How to change your Blogger Logo?

What is blogger logo or favicon? : It is a small icon that gets displayed once you open a webpage. You may find this in every site you visit. I feel you must change this logo to your choice, simply because if someone bookmarks your page, then rather than the default blogger logo, it will be your logo that is saved in their bookmarks. This is the blogger logo or favicon that we are talking about:

Blogger-FaviconThis post features on changing the default blogger to a blogger of your choice. You can create your own logos with Banner Maker Pro software or with Photoshop or even simply with Microsoft Paint. We design professional banners and logos for various websites and blogs, visit "Our Services" page to get one designed by us for your blog/website. After you design your logo, you need to format the size to 16x16. This can easily be done with Adobe Photoshop. Once all this is done, make sure you save your picture in ".ico" format. (For example - "myicon.ico")

After your logo is ready for display, you have to upload it to some site. You may use ImageShack for uploading the picture. After you upload the picture, you will get a link to that picture. Copy that link and save it in a text file.
1. Now, go to your blogger dashboard. Navigate to "Layout>>Edit HTML". Make sure you back up your template before doing any changes.
2. Search for the following code using "CTRL+F"
</head>
3. Now, paste the following code above the line mentioned in step 2.
<link href='http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3879/micon.gif' rel='shortcut icon'/>
<link href='http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3879/micon.gif' rel='icon'/>
4. You may replace the above link marked in blue with the link. to your image. Save your template and have a look at your blog (address bar) now. 

UPDATE ON FAVICON INSTALLATION:
adding-favicon-on-blogger
The new blogger dashboard - Blogger In Draft, supports adding the same feature in one click. Just navigate to "Design>>PageElements" page or select the "Layout" tab in the advanced version of the blogger dashboard and select edit link on the tab showing Favicon. A small window will pop up. Just upload the favicon from your comp. That's it!!! Check out the above picture for better understanding!!!

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Tutorials
Jose said on May 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM :

Nice tip. I didn't know I could do that. I'll try and change mine. Thanx

REPLY
slam said on June 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM :

Thanks for this post... This will do better for all new bloggers ...

Thanks once again ...

@ http://fixonet.com

REPLY
Capt. Azrin said on July 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM :

thanx q so much... great

REPLY
chivann said on July 22, 2009 at 6:44 PM :

Please create a logo for me, I want a " g4p " logo for my site. Thank you, i'll waiting for you

REPLY
Suresh said on July 22, 2009 at 7:28 PM :

@chivann: Please send me your email address to smalwayz@gmail.com and I will soon send you an icon to your inbox.

REPLY
melandria said on November 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM :

hello, your blog is really nice but i am trying to do it but was not able to do so, i really don't know what went wrong? many thanks, i hope you can help me. my site is http://melandriaromero.net,

many thanks again.

REPLY
Mukund said on November 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM :

@melandria : It works fine. But this technique will work only for home page and specific pages. It turns to the default blogger icon in other cases. Contact me personally if you need any help. By the way, the method works!!

REPLY
benooi said on December 2, 2009 at 1:57 PM :

nice man. really nice...I learnt lots of things here. thanks

benooi.net

REPLY
tom

this only works for me with firefox.

IE displays an IE icon and chrome displays the original blogger icon.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 9, 2009 at 10:40 AM :

@tom: You are absolutely right! It will work perfectly with Firefox and even IE7 but not with chrome or the older versions of IE.

REPLY
hBz said on January 6, 2010 at 4:19 PM :

it works. thank you so much. please do come to my web page.

www.88hbz.com

REPLY
Mukund said on January 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM :

Yeah!! Thanks! Off to visit your site!!

REPLY
Querubín said on January 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM :

I followed exactly what you said, and everything worked perfect. That was really helpful. Thank you.

And I am impressed that you offer to design a logo for free. I struggled with mine, but thanks for the kind offer.

REPLY
Mukund said on January 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM :

@Querubín: Yeah! Thanks! Glad to know that the logos are working perfect for you!!

REPLY
khaled said on February 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM :

nice man. really nice..thanks you

REPLY
Anonymous

Thanks man you save my day!

REPLY
KelpoMayor said on April 4, 2010 at 8:36 AM :

Thanks !!!

Can you make one for me ???

I have the link for the picture

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/Kelpotower/MoodyKitty.jpg

And this is my blog ;

http://www.kelpolova.blogspot.com

My email ;

jvirananda@gmail.com

REPLY
Mukund said on April 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM :

@KelpoMayor: I have replied to your request through mail. Please check it out!!

REPLY
Mukund said on April 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM :

@KelpoMayor: I have replied to your request through mail. Please check it out!!

REPLY
Latest News said on April 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM :

Is it working friend with my blog got error..
any way thanks

REPLY
Mukund said on April 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM :

@Latest News: Yeah! It is working perfect. I checked it again for you.

REPLY
khairul hisham said on April 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM :

pliz make me one football icon..
kucingnakal89@yahoo.com

REPLY
Mukund said on April 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM :

@khairul hisham: Yeah!! I will get the icon done for you after few weeks. I got my semester exams going.. Sorry for the delay. Hope you can adjust with me.

REPLY
p said on April 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM :

Can you create a logo for me?My blog is http;//unipsychology.blogspot .com AND e-mail is purple.lo86@gmail.com.
*is "LO86",
NOT "1086".
Thank you.

REPLY
Mukund said on April 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM :

@p: As I said to khairul hisham, I will get the icon done for you after few weeks because I got my semester exams going on now.

REPLY
රෙහාන් said on June 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM :

thanx a lot bro!!

REPLY
Wibie D'Baldie said on June 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM :

Hi Mukund,

Thanks for the tip above, bro!

Wondering if I could change my site's Title in blogger.com with my logo (the bigger version). Please advise if any script I could use on the same; I reckon the steps would be similar to this logo thing.

Thanks a bunch!

REPLY
Mukund said on June 19, 2010 at 11:20 PM :

@Wibie D'Baldie: Thanks for your visit and the comment. I am not able to get your question. You want to change the header picture in your blog? Is that your question??

REPLY
Wibie d'Baldie said on June 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM :

Thanks too for the quick reply!

About an hour after I posted the query above, I found the way to place my logo picture up on my site's header.

So please ignore above query, and i apologize for inconvenience.

Regards.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM :

@Wibie d'Baldie: That's not a problem. You are always welcome. You may ask any help related to blogging and I would be happy to help you!!

REPLY
harry said on July 30, 2010 at 7:54 PM :

nice man,it's nice thank u i were looking that type of stuff

REPLY
Mukund said on July 31, 2010 at 6:50 AM :

@harry: You are always welcome! Keep in touch with the blog for more updates!!

REPLY
Tone Aurora Skogstad Pleym

Hi,

It didn't work in safari. Or did I do something wrong? I'm not shure.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 16, 2010 at 12:12 AM :

@Tone Aurora Skogstad Pleym: As far as I know, it should work fine in your template as well. Did you try it on some other browser?

REPLY
Jenny said on September 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM :

Thank you for this tutorial. It worked.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 24, 2010 at 8:09 PM :

@Jenny: I am happy that it worked perfect for you!! Hope you stick with the blog for more updates!!

REPLY
hari said on October 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM :

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Open quote is expected for attribute "{1}" associated with an element type "href".

this is the error msg from my template
Plz sir help me...

REPLY
Mukund said on October 13, 2010 at 5:34 PM :

@hari: Thanks for the comment!! But, I'm sure there is no error with code I mentioned above. There is a problem with some other statement in the template. Please send me your template via email and I will solve your problem.

REPLY
රෙහාන් said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

thanx a lot bro!!

REPLY
Mukund said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

@khairul hisham: Yeah!! I will get the icon done for you after few weeks. I got my semester exams going.. Sorry for the delay. Hope you can adjust with me.

REPLY
Latest News said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Is it working friend with my blog got error..
any way thanks

REPLY
Querubín said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

I followed exactly what you said, and everything worked perfect. That was really helpful. Thank you.

And I am impressed that you offer to design a logo for free. I struggled with mine, but thanks for the kind offer.

REPLY
hBz said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

it works. thank you so much. please do come to my web page.

www.88hbz.com

REPLY
Mukund said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

@melandria : It works fine. But this technique will work only for home page and specific pages. It turns to the default blogger icon in other cases. Contact me personally if you need any help. By the way, the method works!!

REPLY
chivann said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Please create a logo for me, I want a " g4p " logo for my site. Thank you, i'll waiting for you

REPLY
Capt. Azrin said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

thanx q so much... great

REPLY
itsolusenz said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

ITemplatez.com offers professional web templates, flash templates ,swish templates, dreamweaver templates, and other web design productsavailable for immediate download.

REPLY
she's said on November 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM :

it doesnt work .

'We were unable to preview your template
Please correct the error below, and submit your template again.
Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Content is not allowed in trailing section.'

how can i solve it ?

REPLY
Mukund said on November 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM :

@she's: It definitely work because the tags are closed in the HTML I mentioned. Any way, just try pasting the above code via "Add a page element->HTML/Javascript". Later copy that code to the Edit Template area and it should work. I hope you understood what I meant. If not, contact me via email: smalwayz[at]gmail.com

REPLY
Mr smile said on December 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM :

thanks i changed my blog icon

thanks for u r help
www.satish-kashyap.com

REPLY
Mukund said on December 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM :

@Mr smile: Thanks for the comment! Happy to know that you were able to change your logo. Subscribe to enjoy the updates from my blog!!

REPLY
Ian said on December 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM :

its not working for me..

REPLY
Mukund said on December 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM :

@Ian: Please make sure that you pasted the right code and at the right place. Still facing problems, then do mail me!! I will sort out the issue for you!!!

REPLY
Ian said on December 23, 2010 at 7:11 PM :

@Mukund
Thank you for your advise! :D
I got my mistake at the code section and I've corrected it..
Thank you for your advise.

Guys Please visit my blog..
Its still new but there's a couple of posts there..

http://ianbuzz.blogspot.com

REPLY
dakz kcek(o_O) said on December 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM :

its not working for me...
=(((

REPLY
Mukund said on December 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM :

@Ian: Thanks for the comment! I knew it should be an easy job. Your blog is very new!!!

REPLY
Mukund said on December 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM :

@dakz kcek(o_O): Check whether your tags are closed and you have placed them at the right position. Still facing problems, then contact me via email!!!

REPLY
LENHAM said on January 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM :

Hey Mukund!

Thanks for your tip. It worked for me!
The thing is: i've got a domain (http://lenham.org) which sends you to my blogger (lenhamm.blogspot.com). If you visit my site via the second link, my icon is there. If you visit my site via the first link, the icon isn't there. Is there anything i can do about that?

REPLY
Mukund said on January 6, 2011 at 7:07 PM :

@LENHAM: Yeah! I checked your problem. Just send me the template, I will see if I can do something. Have enabled redirecting to the correct domain on blogspot?

REPLY
Milica Radović said on February 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM :

Thank you. I have used www.opendrive.com to upload pic

REPLY
Mukund said on February 11, 2011 at 7:21 PM :

@Milica Radović: Thanks for the comment buddy! I haven't used them. Any way, would love to hear more from you!!!

REPLY
Benivolent said on February 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM :

Valuable tips,thanks for this

REPLY
Mukund said on February 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM :

@Benivolent: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy other articles on my blog!

REPLY
Hyun Ah Ra said on March 18, 2011 at 5:56 PM :

I tried to change it..but it fail..

REPLY
Mukund said on March 18, 2011 at 9:03 PM :

@Hyun Ah Ra: This is very simple trick buddy! Just contact me via email and I will fix it!

REPLY
Kevern Solutions said on May 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM :

this can only be done on blogger featured themes. but on facebook theme for blogger, I don't know if this one still works.

REPLY
Mukund said on May 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM :

@Kevern Solutions: I'm not sure about what you mentioned but let me know the coding for that template and I will say if it is possible or not!

REPLY
Miss Do-it-All said on June 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM :

Nice tip. I tried it on mine. I used a 32x32 px icon but it still won't show. :( I've copied and pasted the code you mentioned above the closing head tag in my template but it's still not there. Help please. :(

REPLY
Mukund said on June 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM :

@Miss Do-it-All: It should work! Yes! We are there to help you! Just hit the contact link at the top of the blog with your template! I will solve your issue!

REPLY
Shasie said on June 8, 2011 at 4:14 AM :

Imageshack doesn't support ico files, do you know any sites that do?

REPLY
Mukund said on June 8, 2011 at 10:34 AM :

@Shasie: Many sites do not support the ico file. So, it's not very important that you use only the ico file, you may save it as gif or png file too!! I suggest you to use Picasa - speeds up your blog!!!

REPLY
Logo Design Company said on June 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM :

nice man. really nice..thanks you

REPLY
Mukund said on June 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM :

@Logo Design Company: Yup! Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
Ady Purnama said on July 11, 2011 at 6:24 AM :

Thanks for the information, straight to the point & clear.

REPLY
Mukund said on July 11, 2011 at 12:39 PM :

@Ady Purnama: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the other tutorials on my blog as well!

REPLY
Anonymous

Hey there! Quick question that is completely off topic. Do you know the best way to make your internet site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that may possibly have the ability to fix this issue. When you have any suggestions, please share. With thanks!

REPLY
Mukund said on July 20, 2011 at 12:37 AM :

@Anonymous: Yes! There are templates to fix the issue you are facing! Just ping me via gtalk and I'll help you out!

REPLY
SALTOX said on January 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM :

It works on my blog :)

Check it here: http://mybrowsercash.blogspot.com/

Thank you

REPLY
SALTOX said on January 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM :

It works on my blog :)

Thanks for sharing

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]