How to improve your Google PageRank?

I know that everyone will want their blog with a high Google page rank. Why high Google page rank? The answer lies in the question itself. It is simply because "Google". Though there are various factors that will improve your page rank, one small method that will improve the page rank is proper usage of the HTML in your template.

The blogger templates are not search engine optimized that is they are not simply compatible to boost up your page rank. If you take a look at your existing Blogger title you’ll see that blogger displays the blog name first then followed by your post title. They have it backwards so let’s get your blog setup properly.

Follow these very simple steps and you can optimize your blog.
1. In your Blogger dashboard, go to “Layout” => “Edit HTML”.
2. In the template code, do a search for this:
<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>
It’s usually in the first 5-10 lines of code in your template.
3. Replace the above code with the following code:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "index"'>
<title><data:blog.title/></title>
<b:else/>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
</b:if>
4. Save your template and go back to your blog. Click into any individual post and look at the page title. Now, your blog is search engine optimized and within few days, you will find your page rank improved provided you keep your blog alive. To improve your traffic, Click Here.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogging Tips, SEO
Kill Bill Swords said on April 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM :

Yeah its really very fine and informative post. thanks for sharing with us.

REPLY
globalbabble said on October 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM :

thanks - this really helped. C

REPLY
Mukund said on October 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM :

@globalbabble: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the other updates from my blog as well!!!

REPLY
Kill Bill Swords said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Yeah its really very fine and informative post. thanks for sharing with us.

REPLY
techtrick24 said on December 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM :

Thanks for the info.I'll try it.

REPLY
Mukund said on December 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM :

@techtrick24: Yeah!! Try them and let me know who effective the tips were!!

REPLY
Jien said on December 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM :

Thank you very much for sharing this! It really worked!

REPLY
Mukund said on December 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM :

@Jien: THanks for the comment buddy! I hope you enjoy the other articles related to this topic and the work like this one as well!!!

REPLY
coolieboy said on December 30, 2010 at 3:52 AM :

i will really be trying this. I hope it works thanks for the tip

REPLY
Mukund said on December 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM :

@coolieboy: Thanks for the comment buddy! Let me know once these tips work for you!!! Would love to hear from you!!

REPLY
riaz said on January 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM :

Thanks, it is good and informative and having good work..........,.,, Once again thanks World Pictures

REPLY
Mukund said on January 2, 2011 at 7:52 AM :

@riaz: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the other articles related to this topic (PR) on my blog!!!

REPLY
Tommy Douglas said on February 2, 2011 at 5:21 AM :

Thanks for sharing. I applied your tip to my blog.

REPLY
Mukund said on February 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM :

@Tommy Douglas: I'm happy to know that you applied it to your blog. Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog.

REPLY
First Choice Savings Network #1 Opportunity! said on February 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM :

Thanks for your help as I am new to blogging. Thanks again tarheel35

REPLY
Hoops Universe said on March 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM :

Thank you very much for sharing. I have applied those changes and will see how this will work.
All the best

REPLY
Mukund said on March 12, 2011 at 12:28 AM :

@Hoops Universe: Thanks for the comment buddy! Sure! Apply them and see what change it makes on your blog. It should definitely pull up your PR!

REPLY
Natachpong said on March 19, 2011 at 3:07 AM :

Thank you very much. That's a great tip.

REPLY
Mukund said on March 19, 2011 at 6:27 AM :

@Natachpong: Thanks for the comment! I hope you enjoy the other comments on my blog as well!

REPLY
SurajKV said on June 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM :

Nice, tutorial. And its SEO optimization. The better content you write and promotion you do for each post, increases the value of your site. This contribute for you PR!
I've also written something related, it might interest you:
http://www.smartfatblogger.in/2011/02/increase-google-page-rank-revealed.html

REPLY
Mukund said on June 12, 2011 at 11:26 PM :

@SurajKV: Yes! I did check out your article. You have almost repeated the same steps that everyone shares for increasing PR. I would love to know about the algorithm in which PR is calculated. Any way, we have an article related to this issue coming up tomorrow. Check out that!!

REPLY
Anonymous

How many dollars do you earn a month using this blog?

REPLY
Mukund said on August 16, 2011 at 1:56 PM :

@Anonymous: May I know the reason behind such a question? I guess this is not the right place to discuss about some thing that is way off target! So, connect with me on Fb or Twitter or gtalk and I'll let you know!

REPLY
Edwin Bonilla said on August 19, 2011 at 8:17 AM :

I did all the you say but "index" part change for "index" I don't if is god or not please let me know Thank you.

REPLY
Mukund said on August 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM :

@Edwin Bonilla: I;m not able to understand your last comment! Please let me know your problem, in a way that I can understand, so that I can help you!

REPLY
DougyHunt said on August 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM :

Great post!

I have one question @Mukund

On my website www.politicalguerrilla.co.uk how do I change what shows up for on the homepage?

Because with the html code you provided all I get on the homepage is

"Political Guerrilla"

but I would love to have this instead:

"The Independent Alternative Political Community | Political Guerrilla"

Thanks bud! Great Site!

REPLY
Mukund said on August 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM :

@DougyHunt: Well, just change your blog name to "The Independent Alternative Political Community | Political Guerrilla" and you'll see the same on homepage. If you want that title only to appear for the homepage and not on post page, then contact me via gmail and I'll help you out.

REPLY
a2znepali said on October 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM :

thank you so much for your help

REPLY
Mukund said on October 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM :

@a2znepali: Yup! Thanks for the comment buddy! Hope you enjoy the other articles as well!

REPLY
Fraz said on October 27, 2011 at 3:26 PM :

Yes it worked....Thanku.....!

REPLY
ravi said on December 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM :

where you get these tips..

REPLY
Valerie T Batts said on February 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM :

I copied and paste your code as instructed but my blog title still shows up first and my post title second. Do you have an example of what the url should like like a before and after? my web address is www.allinthekoolaid.com and i am using windows explorer 8
thanks

REPLY
Valerie T Batts said on February 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM :

I see the problem, blogger will not allow me to save the changes I made it reverts back to the old code when I save it.

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]