How to add Social Bookmarks in Blogger Posts?

The best way to improve your reader's count is to add a social bookmark at the end of every post. This makes it easy for the readers to bookmark the post page using their favorite social bookmarking service (eg: Del.icio.us, Technorati, etc..) My post features to add some of the best social bookmarks at the end of every post.

Here's how to add social bookmark buttons at the end of each post:
1. Go to "Layout->Edit HTML (check the "expand widget templates" option is ticked). You should make a backup of your template before modifying the HTML by clicking on the "Download full template" link at the top of the page first.
2. You need to search for the following line in your expanded template.
<div class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1">
3. Paste the following code just after the above line.
<!-- Start of social bookmarks -->
<b><i>Share this:</i>
|<a expr:href='"http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=" + data:post.url + "&title=" + data:post.title'
target='_blank'>Digg It</a> |
<a expr:href='"http://technorati.com/faves?add=" + data:post.url' target='_blank'>Add to Technorati</a> |
<a expr:href='"http://del.icio.us/post?url=" + data:post.url + "&title=" + data:post.title'
target='_blank'>Save on Del.icio.us</a> |
<a expr:href='"http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=" + data:post.url + "&title=" + data:post.title'
target='_blank'>Stumble It</a> |
<a expr:href='"http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=" + data:post.url + "&title=" + data:post.title'
target='_blank'>Share on Facebook</a> |
</b>
<!-- End of social bookmarks -->

4. Preview your blog to make sure the bookmark button appears as you want at the end of the posts. Your final output should be like the one at the end of my post.

Enjoyed the article?
Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to subscribe to FREE email updates from "Everything About Blogging", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your blog!

    Other Recommended Posts

  • Blogger Tutorials
Suresh said on August 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM :

@Bookmark: Yes!! I checked out the link. Very useful. People may check out the above link for all social book markings!!

REPLY
Avery Thompson said on August 18, 2009 at 2:46 AM :

Great information....i've enjoyed implementing your tips!!

REPLY
Kathryn said on August 21, 2009 at 2:29 AM :

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I am using images from facebook as the display icons (not sure if that is affecting it) but I keep getting errors about title needing to be followed by a ;

Then I made all the changes that blogger suggested and then all html is visible around the images. It shows basically all the code around the images I'm using.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Kathryn

REPLY
Suresh said on August 21, 2009 at 8:21 AM :

@Kathryn: May be your coding is not correct. Let me know your Email ID and I will send you the code for social bookmarks with images.

REPLY
Laura K. Curtis said on August 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM :

Like Kathy, when I do this I get an error from Blogger saying that the XML is incorrect and that "references to object url need to be closed with ;" I am doing nothing but pasting in the code as you have it! I wonder if it doesn't work with some templates?

REPLY
Mukund said on August 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM :

@Laura K.Curtis: I have posted a new article related to this topic. So, you may check out the new article here. Social Bookmarking Buttons Below Blogger Posts

REPLY
Tripzibit said on January 18, 2010 at 4:41 PM :

When i try to save template, there is a warning message like this :

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The reference to entity "url" must end with the ';' delimiter.

What should i do? i'm not familiar with HTML code

REPLY
Mukund said on January 22, 2010 at 6:39 PM :

@Tripzibit: Hmmm!! You face this problem after installing this code or in general you have some problem? In either of the case, one easy method to resolve this, is to use the "Add Page Element" option in the layout tab and then post the code through HTML/Javascript. Hope you get me!!!

REPLY
Toni said on April 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM :

Not working for me:(

REPLY
Mukund said on April 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM :

@Toni: It works fine in my blog. Any way, please check out this post for a better version. Social Bookmarking Buttons Below Blogger Posts

REPLY
Indonesia Handicraft Furniture Wholesale Marketplace said on May 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM :

Not working and my template can't be saved. You must encode some scripts before use it.

REPLY
Mukund said on May 14, 2010 at 8:29 AM :

@Indonesia Handicraft Furniture Wholesale Marketplace: If that is not working, then please try the other type of social bookmarking in my blog. Check out the other post!!

REPLY
Indonesia Handicraft Furniture said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Not working and my template can't be saved. You must encode some scripts before use it.

REPLY
Avery Thompson said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

Great information....i've enjoyed implementing your tips!!

REPLY
Tripzibit said on November 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM :

When i try to save template, there is a warning message like this :

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The reference to entity "url" must end with the ';' delimiter.

What should i do? i'm not familiar with HTML code

REPLY
firework said on January 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM :

same for me i could'nt save the tempalte.
need more code correction..

REPLY
Mukund said on January 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM :

@firework: I don't think there is any mistake with the code because it still works on my other dummy blog. Let me know the problem and I will solve it via email. Have published many versions of Social Bookmarking Buttons on my blog. So, try them out!!!

REPLY
Selena Gomez said on February 4, 2011 at 10:32 AM :

I will follow your step to add Social Bookmarks in Blogger Posts. Thanks

REPLY
Mukund said on February 4, 2011 at 5:16 PM :

@Selena Gomez: Yes! Add them and let me know if you had some problem!!! How ever, there are latest versions of the same on my blog! So, check them out!!!

REPLY
Selena Gomez said on April 19, 2011 at 10:47 PM :

I will follow your step to add Social Bookmarks in Blogger Posts. Thanks

REPLY
Pr4+ dofollow social bookmarking said on June 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM :

Yes its working ,i just use this into my blog, i don't found any problem

REPLY
Mukund said on June 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM :

@Pr4 dofollow social bookmarking: Many had, still have problem in installing this! I'm glad to know that it worked perfectly for you! Thanks for your comment buddy!

REPLY
Ecommerce said on June 10, 2011 at 9:37 AM :

All of those link building methods will increase the authority of your website, and therefore your website traffic will increase as more searchers find your website in the search engine listings.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 10, 2011 at 10:41 AM :

Yes! By adding the social bookmarks, we spread our blog posts via social media which simply means more traffic. Thanks for your comment!

REPLY
Social Bookmarking web site said on June 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM :

Thanks for the post dude.

REPLY
Mukund said on June 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM :

@Social Bookmarking web site: Thanks for the comment buddy! Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
URL Opener said on July 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM :

WOW!!! really a nice information!! I have enjoyed......

REPLY
Mukund said on July 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM :

@URL Opener: Thanks for the comment! Hope you enjoy the other articles on my blog as well!

REPLY
Earn money by Forex trading said on September 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM :

Hi I can't find the first tag to put that code..can you help please?

REPLY
Mukund said on September 10, 2011 at 11:02 PM :

@Earn money by Forex trading: Sure! Why not? Just ping me via gtalk and I would be happy to help you:)

REPLY
Saras said on September 23, 2011 at 12:09 AM :

Dear Mukund when I pasted the above code for Social Book marks, I got a message that "Reference to 'url' should end with a delimiter ';' and the xml was not saved. I see no ';' in your code. Please advise.

REPLY
Mukund said on September 23, 2011 at 12:23 AM :

@Saras: I posted this hack long back! Just email me with the problem and I'll recheck the codes and update this article as well:)

REPLY
Monika said on December 19, 2011 at 11:20 AM :

You have provided a great information in the above link. Now i knows that how to add social bookmarks in to the blog. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

REPLY

Use the tab below to comment. No spam please!!!

[netinsert=0.0.1.11.14.1]